Chapter 7 // Dumbledore and Dudes

After that all I could remember was the sound of a gunshot and my dad's voice saying, "I'm sorry Kenzie. One day you'll understand. I love you."
As I lay on the couch, harmonica still clutched in my hand, my dad kissed me and left.
*~*~*
I was dragged back into reality. I had a horrible pain in my head. I realized I was still clamped in the hydra's claw.
"Yeah, dad, I know what to do."
I started playing a tune on the harmonica.
I vaguely remember the crowd gasping as the hydra and I hit the ground together.
*~*~*
I jerked awake. I was lying down on a hospital bed. A centaur was bringing in a boy who looked knocked out.
"Oh good, you're awake."
"Who are you?"
"I'm Dumbledore."
'Say what now..'
"Er.. Dumbledore isn't a centaur."
"Fine. My name is Chiron. Welcome to Camp Half-Blood. You can stay the night here, but for the rest of the summer, you'll be staying in cabin 7 with the other Apollo children. I'll have someone explain everything in the morning."
"Apollo..?" I mumbled.
He put the boy in a bed next to me.
"Sleep tight."
*~*~*
I woke up to the kid that Chiron brought in yanking my blankets off the bed.
"Hey! Hey, I can't find my teddy bear! HELP ME PLEASE!"
"Wha-"
"UGH FORGET IT!"
"Wai-"
"Do you mind if I cuddle with you instead?"
"Whoa-"
"REALLY? YES!"
"What?!"
He jumped into my bed and pulled the blankets up. He turned to look at me.
"Hi."
He said, smirking. He had effortlessly tousled black hair and eyes that-- well changed color like a kaleidoscope, from blue to green to brown. Let's just say he was adorable. And hot. And he was sitting next to me. In my bed.
"So what's your name, beautiful?"
"....."
"Name please, Miss?"
"Uh... It's... Kenzie.... Stark.. Kenzie..."
He raised his eyebrow.
"I mean... It's Kenzie... Kenzie Stark."
He laughed.
"Zhang. Hunter Zhang. Son of Aphrodite. You?"
"Uh huh... I mean.. Apollo."
The door opened.