Chapter 27 // First Instincts and Freakouts

I woke up to Hunter kissing me. My first instinct, of course, was to slap him. And then I realized my hands were tied behind my back and I was tied to a chair.
My next instinct was to kick him. So obviously, my legs were tied to the chair.
And then I noticed Calypso in the corner of my eye.
I started to fidget and fell over onto the ground, still tied to the chair.
Hunter seemed to come out of a trance for a moment.
I looked around. There were random Hunzie shippers and lots of Aphrodite kids.
I noticed one girl saying in a extremely persuasive voice, "Kiss her, Hunter."
And I recognized her. It was Piper, one of Calypso's friends.
The whole camp knew her for her powerful charmspeak and how she helped defeat the earth goddess, blah blah blah.
I seriously didn't need her shipping me, with Hunter or with Marshall.
Calypso was one thing.
An Aphrodite daughter was another.
It was probably reckless what I did next, but I did it anyway.
I flat out just said, "What's your problem?"
She stopped and smiled.
"Kenzie. I know you like him. I can sense it. And I swear he's the one. Not Marshall. No offense."
"So what? Do I look like I freaking care? Do I look like I'm enjoying myself? Well hell no, I ain't."
Piper smiled again.
"Okay. STOP. EVERYBODY STOP."
"Thank--"
"Oh no. WE'LL BE BACK."
"Wait. You're just going to leave me here?!"
"HUNZIE WILL PREVAIL!!!!"
"Wai--"
And everybody left except Hunter.
"Okay. Great. Just great."
"What's great, Teddykins?"
Pause.
"What did you just say?"
"I said, 'What's great, Teddykins?'."
"You're back! Like they aren't mind-controlling you anymore?"
"Mind controlling? What are you talking about?"
"Are you saying--"
"I'm just kidding."
Hunter laughed.
"You'd think I'd kiss you on purpose? Pssh nah. But agh that dam charmspeak."
It was now that I actually took in my surroundings. It was like a tiny tiny room painted a greenish minty color, with a bed and a fridge and a microwave and a bathroom. That's it, plus the lights on the ceiling.
And then Hunter started randomly freaking out.