Chapter 15 // Saytrsitting and Sewiousness

"Oh my gods. My life is a mess."
I said to Walsh, who was showing a blonde haired kid where the infirmary was.
"Did I miss something?"
"Urg everything. It's Hunter and Marshall. You know them?"
"I know everything at camp. Aphrodite cabin tells me a love triangle is going on?"
"Shut up. Wait everybody knows? Oh my gods."
"So it's true?"
"No. I hate Hunter. And Marshall is just... Ug I don't even know."
"Oooh. Drama. Um I gotta go again, Chiron needs me. You figure this out okay? Let me know."
And he left with a smirk.
*~*~*
"MARSHALL WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE ARE BABYSITTING A KID?"
Marshall's expression was pretty much like: I have no freaking idea. It just happened.
"Well Chiron just came to me and told me that we have to babysit Chuck."
"WHO IS CHUCK."
"Hedge and Mellie's kid."
"Who-- uh what--"
"Hedge? He's a famous saytr. Helped defeat Gaea, the evil earth goddess? How could you not know this?"
"Right. Okay. Right now?"
"Yep."
*~*~*
We went to the Big House to get him.
Chiron was on the deck with a buff yet tiny saytr with wispy auburn hair. I assumed it was Chuck. He carried a baseball bat and seemed to like to whack things. He also could control the wind which wouldn't make it any easier to babysit him.
"Ahhh. Kenzie and Marshall. This is Chuck. Take care of him while I tend to something okay?"
"Okay."
Chiron left us alone.
"We should probably bring him inside, wouldn't want him to run away, right?"
*~*~*
Wrong. So so so wrong.
*~*~*
"CHUCK! OH MY FREAKING GODS! GET OVER HERE NOW! AND PUT THAT DOWN! MARSHALL!"
Apparently, Chuck had gotten ahold of Medusa's head and was wreaking havoc in the Big House. And since I didn't want to be turned into the worlds ugliest statue, I was blind. And trust me, if you're babysitting a kid that could control the wind, it's not fun.
"Marshall where are you?"
"Right here. This is sewious."
"I know. Can you believe this?"
"At least he didn't run away. He keeps whacking me with his baseball bat."
"And at least you could write a song about this."
Suddenly, I felt something run past me.
"Get him!"