Chapter Eight

Over the next couple of weeks, Taehyung and I spent every day together. From going on random dates to hanging out with groups of friends to just hanging out with Uncle Kim who I've grown to know and adore.

Pretty much every old classmate I've run into was surprised to see that I was in a relationship. Most guys talked crap about him saying he was too pretty while most girls asked if he had a brother.

I was happy, he was happy and our relationship was flourishing more and more every moment we were together.

Life was good. It was great even and I felt like I was on cloud nine.

Until...

"What the fuck are these for, Ava?" My dad yells out as he stomps up the stairs to my bedroom.

I have no idea what he's talking about but his tone of voice makes me jump out of my skin.

"Wait, Brian! Let's talk about this!" I hear my mom yelling after him as she runs up the stairs behind him.

My dad bursts through my door and throws an opened pack of condoms that were in my bag at me making me flinch, "So you're out here having sex now? With that boy or are you just sleeping around with the whole fucking town?"

"Brian!" My mom screams at him.

His words break my heart. My dad should know me better than that. He should know I'm not some little whore and I'm not a child anymore. It's not like I'm a freshman in freaking high school. I waited until I was old enough and more importantly, until I felt ready.

"No! I'm not sleeping with the whole town, dad! I'm eighteen now. I'm not a baby! I waited until I felt it was right for me and I'm not about to have you shame me for it like you've done with everything else!" I scream back at him. I know I should keep calm, but I've held this in for too many years. If it wasn't one thing, it was another and I was tired of never living up to his standards.

"You're not about to be out there sleeping around while living in my fucking house! Pack your shit and find somewhere else to go!" I've never seen my dad so angry and the fact that he's so ready to toss me aside pissed me off.

My entire life I've stressed myself out about making sure I was perfect for him, but I am done. I'm done living for everyone else and holding myself back.

"God damnit, ! Let's talk about this!" My mom grabs his arm but he yanks it away from her grasp, pushing her away.

"No, mom. It's cool. I'll leave since apparently perfection is the only thing he'll ever approve of. That's not love, dad. I'm sorry I'm not your perfect little princess." I get up and grab a suitcase and backpack and begin throwing my belongings inside.

"If you hadn't bought that car outright and got a full ride scholarship, I'd be taking that from you too. You're such an ungrateful little brat." He harshly speaks, his face inches from my own as I do my best to avoid him.

I can't believe he feels like I should be thanking him right now. I worked for that car to buy it myself and I worked my ass off in school to get a full ride scholarship. He didn't hand those things to me and I won't allow myself to feel ashamed for being human and eventually losing my virginity.

I don't say anything in response to that which I think angers him even more. He punches the wall next to my head, scaring me shitless and putting a hole through it before turning to go back down stairs, cursing me out the entire way down.

I finish packing silently with tears streaming down my face as my mom and dad continue to yell at one another downstairs. I don't even know where I'm going to end up but I know where I want to be.