Chapter Forty

"I'm gone for a little over twenty four hours and you're already in danger of being bombarded by guys." Taehyung huffs as we video chat that night while I'm studying for a math test and he's walking to class.

"They're disgusting! I've heard the things they do to girls around here and it sickens me." I reply as I write down an equation from one of my textbooks.

"Yeah, be careful jagi. Thank Ethan for keeping you safe for me the next time you see him." He smiles when I look up to watch him walk to class with Jungkook.

" He smiles when I look up to watch him walk to class with Jungkook

"I will babe. Thank you for trusting me by the way."

"I trust you. I don't trust most guys." He looks over to Jungkook who starts flirting with the third girl in less than fifteen minutes and gives me a look to say guys like this one.

I nod in agreement and blow him a kiss that he returns to me instantly.

"How was work today?" He questions as he posts up on a wall to wait for his flirtatious friend to join him.

"It was okay, I guess. Nothing special. It felt weird being there for only a half day again. Lucas is still acting better too by the way. He's not so bad to work with now." I shrug with a smile.

"I'm glad to know that. I didn't like you feeling uncomfortable around him. How late are you going to stay up?" He asks as he reaches his classroom door.

"Probably until two in the morning. I have a math test to study for." I roll my eyes in annoyance.

He chuckles and nods to Jungkook to go ahead and go inside, "I'll call you after my next class so you can study. Hopefully you'll still be awake so I can at least tell you good night. I love you so much, Ava. I miss you!" He pouts as he watches me through the screen.

"I love and miss you too, Tae. Think of me." I smile and bite on my pen.

"I always do." He kisses his ring and holds it up to the camera and I do the same just before we hang up.

"You two give me a toothache." Emma smiles sweetly at me from her desk.

"Did I bother you? I'm sorry." I apologize when I realize I wasn't being so considerate of her study time.

"No, it's okay. I know you can't talk to him too often." She winks and turns around to continue studying.

One thirty in the morning is rounding the corner and my eyes grow extremely heavy, my head hurts from studying so much and all I want to do is snuggle up with Taehyung and go to sleep. But alas, the last one can't happen the way I want it to.