Chapter Thirty-Two

That night after work and my reward, Taehyung was on his phone texting almost all night. I was becoming curious as to who he was talking to but it was all in Hangul. I would glance over occasionally and he'd smile at me and continue to respond.

I don't want to seem like a needy girlfriend but I'm growing bored in this hotel room. I only get him for a few more days until it's back to late night conversations and missing the hell out of him.

"Wondering who I'm talking to?" He questions with a grin when he notices me glancing over at him for the umpteenth time.

"Not really who. Just more like why I'm not getting your attention." I pout as I snuggle into his neck and nibble on a spot that I know tickles him.

He laughs out and scrunches up his shoulder as a reflex to the sensation. He sends out two more messages and I recognize the last one says "saranghae".

"It was my mother. I can only really text her at night." He says as he turns towards me to throw his arm and leg over me.

I nod and take a deep breath to intoxicate myself with his scent. I swear if I could bottle it up, I would.

"Do you know what I'm excited about?" He asks nuzzling into me.

"Hmm?" I respond with my mouth muffled against his skin.

"You visiting Korea and meeting my parents and all of my friends. I know they'll love you. My mom is excited to meet you." He kisses along my neck in between each sentence.

"She knows about me?" I ask as he flips me over to my back and hovers over me. His elbow bent to give him support as he looks down at me.

 His elbow bent to give him support as he looks down at me

"She does. She's known about you since before I left. We were just talking about you actually." He smiles softly.

I run the pad of my thumb over his eyebrow and down his nose, making my way to his lips where he kisses my finger gently.

"And she's okay with me being American?" I furrow my brow.

I know that it can't be a selling point.

He nods, "my parents are just glad that I'm so happy. They're not so...traditional. You've met Uncle Kim. My dad is the same way."

I smile and kiss the small mole on the tip of his nose. He rubs his nose to mine and leaves me a soft peck on my lips.

I love that he's not afraid to act cute and be affectionate with me. He never acts like he's too masculine to do so and to me, that makes him even hotter. It's moments like this that I think I cherish the most. The intimate moments without sex and even sometimes without conversation where the two of us just relish in each other's presence as if there's no better place to be.