Chapter Eighty-Three

Uncle Kim:
I know you're busy with
the wedding party, but
I just wanted you to know
I'm here :)

Thanks for coming to the
wedding Uncle Kim! We can
hang out at the reception
for sure.

I hurry up and stuff my phone back into my small clutch decorated with sparkling crystals that match our shoes. Today is the big day for Kinsley and Lucas and while Kinsley has been all smiles all morning during the bridal party photoshoot and the makeup and hair fiascos, as the time is growing nearer, I can tell she's started to get anxious. Her leg bounces underneath her white silk dressing robe with the word bride written in cursive on the back while the hired hair stylists puts the finishing touches to her updo.

She looks absolutely stunning. Her naturally curly hair has been pulled back to a low chignon with loose ringlets framing her radiantly gorgeous face. Her makeup is luminous and light with a bit more eye shadow than she normally wears, but just enhances her natural beauty. Fairy princesses should be quaking at the breathtaking visuals she's putting out today.

Smiling proudly at her, she looks over to me with an excited exhale and a wink. I know her nerves are at their peak in the best way possible. As much as Lucas used to be a creep sometimes, he's a completely different person with her and it's so adorable seeing him completely melt in her presence.

"Ten minutes ladies." The wedding planner informs us signaling that it's time to get Kinsley into her dress so that she has time to take pictures before the ceremony begins.

Madison, Emma, Megan and I all scramble over to her hanging dress and take it down with the utmost care to bring it over to her to help her slip it on. Once she's stepped inside and the back has been buttoned all way up, the photographer comes in and directs her and the bridesmaids to stand in certain poses to be sure to capture the best lighting near the fancy hotel window.

"Okay ladies, time to head down to the ceremony. Does everyone have their bouquets? Anyone need to use the restroom?" The wedding planner comes around, checking each one of us to make sure not one dress is crooked and that no hair is out of place.

We all answer and take a deep breath as if we're the ones getting married, too. All in all, we just want our friend's day to go by as smoothly as possible.

"Just think, Ava. You're probably next." Emma beams, still unaware of the entire situation.

Madison huffs out an amused chuckle and I shoot her a warning glance before politely smiling back to Emma. "Maybe you'll be next."

"Please. My man is nowhere near wanting to get married." She rolls her eyes and sprays on one last spritz of perfume on her wrist.

Not wanting to continue this conversation, I refuse to respond and Megan does her best to talk Madison into not saying anything else about it either. Both Emma and Kinsley don't know about the love triangle I've gotten myself into and today is definitely not the time for any of my drama.

We walk through the hallways of the hotel towards the outdoor ceremony while the wedding planner looks around as if she's our personal bodyguard, protecting us from being seen by the groom. We finally reached the doorway leading to the grassy area complete with multiple white chairs and a makeshift aisle leading up to the archway where we can clearly see a happily nervous Lucas waiting impatiently for the festivities to begin.

"Hey beautiful." I hear Ethan croon as he and the rest of the groomsmen meet us to begin our descent down the aisle. The ring bearer and the flower girl stand in the corner with one of the wedding planner's assistants getting last minute directions on what they need to do.