Chapter Seventy-One

Rushing to go outside to meet the girls, I run through the hallway and down to the elevator like a mad woman as I do my best to not make us late for our bridesmaid dress fittings. It's still strange to me seeing Madison married and now Kinsley and Lucas will be tying the knot in no time at all. Since when did we grow up? I still feel like the same eighteen year old girl I was when I first met almost all of them. Just with a little more life experience under her belt.

The small, yet classy bridal shop we pull up to is the same one we all gathered at to help Kinsley choose her wedding dress a few months ago. She truly looked like a princess that day in the ballgown style white wedding dress decorated with a multitude of beads and sparkling crystals and a cathedral length veil. Lucas is going to flip when he sees her walk down that aisle.

"What do you think? Does it make my ass look huge?" I come out of the fancy dressing room sporting a floor length blush colored satin bridesmaids dress with a sweetheart neckline. The mermaid style wasn't something I'd normally go for, but it's something I'll just have to get used to.

The wedding seems to be coming up faster and faster and while everything seems to be going smoothly, the entire bridal party agrees to try to make today as enjoyable for Kinsley as possible and to not discuss anything sad or mention anything that has pissed us off lately.

However, I honestly can't think of anything but happy moments for me personally. My new adventure with Ethan has me feeling  like I'm on cloud nine and work is going very well. His realtor friend is actively searching for a few different possible locations for me to finally be able to open up my art gallery and all of my friends are happy in their own lives. Seriously, what more could I ask for in this moment in time?

It's been a couple of weeks now since our friends found out about us actively pursuing getting to know each other on a romantic level. Even though they've all remained respectful and haven't been pushing the issue to make it official, they all find little subtle ways to bring him up or let me know how cute we are together so that the idea stays fresh on my mind. On many occasions, they would bring up the fact that Ethan wouldn't even try dating anyone else until I came along as if I didn't already know that piece of information.

I honestly don't feel hesitant to make it official anymore. If things are going so great, why not?

"Oh wow, Ava! You look amazing!" Kinsley claps happily with a brightly lit smile as she sits back on the equally fancy white couch fit for a bride while sipping on a glass of champagne.

"Girl, I'm so jealous of your ass, it's not even funny." Emma walks over wearing an identical version of the same dress.

"I swear I've gained weight since I've gotten married." Madison adds as she does a three-sixty in the mirror while she stands on the other side of me. "Could I get this in a bigger size?" She asks the attendant who simply nods and walks away to grab another dress for her.

Megan walks back out of her dressing room and joins us in front of the three multi-angled mirrors and smacks my ass, "No wonder Ethan waited for you."

"Shut up!" I giggle and look myself up and down. It is classy and sexy at the same time. I just hope I don't get bloated because all of that would definitely be seen. Maybe I could just get some Spanx just in case.

The lobby door to this upscale bridal boutique chimes once again signaling that there are some more visitors arriving in the bridal shop. Saturdays and Sundays seem to be their most busiest times and since we all wanted to be here together, all of us girls have had our Saturday afternoon appointment booked for months now. Kinsley didn't even know what bridesmaids dresses she wanted until a few weeks ago when she group texted us photos asking for us to pick out of two shades of pink that honestly looked the exact same to me but one was apparently blush while the other was petal. I guess that's the kind of thing that make these brides begin to act crazy.