Chapter Eighty Five

The next morning, I wake to the sound of my front door's buzzer going off. At first I ignore it, thinking it's my dreamlike state playing mind games with me until I recognize the familiar tune it's playing. My eyes pop open in a panic as I realize Ethan has shown up unannounced. Looking at Taehyung sleeping extremely hard as if there's no noise even happening, I slip away from his snuggles and leave him laying on his side as I slip a pillow in my place.

Ethan knows I'm here so it's not like I can just ignore him completely and with him knowing my own personal schedule, he figures I'd be up already by eight o'clock. I guess sleeping with Taehyung had me sleeping in much later than usual. To be honest, if Ethan hadn't shown up, I probably wouldn't have gotten up until much later.

I press the button on the buzzer while I throw a random university sweatshirt over me. The chill in the morning air making me shiver as soon as I left from Taehyung's warm embrace. By the time I've got it pulled down to completely cover me and slipped on some fuzzy socks, he's knocking at my door.

"Good morning!" Ethan greets me in a sing-song voice while bending down to kiss me on my cheek and handing me a coffee.

He walks in and kicks off his shoes right away, not even noticing the other man's pair of shoes just behind him, "Uh morning. Can we, can we talk?"

He stands in front of me with his brow furrowed as I hand him back the coffee he gave me and fixes his lips to say a response.

"Jagi? Are you still here?" Taehyung walks out of my bedroom, shirtless while running his hands through his messy bed head hair.

My heart pounds rapidly as I turn back to Ethan who stops dead in his tracks and looks Taehyung up and down. The crease in between his brow growing deeper and deeper by the second.

Taehyung meets his burning gaze, realizing why I wasn't in bed and immediately turns to look at me with an apologetic look. He and I both know nothing happened last night, but we also both know how this appears to Ethan.

"What the fuck?" Ethan finally shouts staring daggers between Taehyung and I.

"Ethan, nothing happened between us. I swear. He came over and was just too tired to drive home." I frantically try to explain.

"It's true." Taehyung chimes in.

"You can shut the fuck up. Why can't you step the fuck off? She's taken. You left her hanging and I was the one to watch her cry over you damn near every fucking day. Now you all the sudden give a shit?" Ethan yells at Taehyung.

My eyes meet Taehyung's as he silently apologizes for hurting me again and I shake my head trying to let him know it's okay. I squint my eyes and hot tears roll down my cheeks. I didn't mean for Ethan to see this and I was going to meet up with him today to discuss everything, but I should have known it wouldn't be that simple.

Nothing ever is.

"Ethan, I-I'm..."

"Sorry? Spare me. Did you ever even love me or was I just a placeholder for him?" Ethan yells in my direction.

"Of course I did!" I yell back through my heartbreak for him.

"Yeah, sure you did. Man, you're so fucking..." He let's out a frustrated growl, trying to stop himself from saying something he could regret.

"Ethan, I never intended on hurting you and I do love you. Nothing happened last night." I reiterate.

My phone's notification goes off and I try to ignore it until I hear it go off a few more times. I grab it off of the entranceway table and see a text from both Kinsley and Uncle Kim letting me know that they've boarded their flights and will be taking off soon. I type out a quick thank you and let them both know I love them and to have a safe flight before I place it back down.