Chapter Thirty-One

After a second, I hear metal clinking together and see the door knob moving just before Taehyung appears in front of me. Thankfully he looks fully dressed, not sweaty and his hair was still perfectly coiffed but that still doesn't excuse who may be inside with him.

He looks at me with a disheartened expression across his face as he reaches out for my hand. I yank it back as I proceed to walk through the door, pushing him aside with my body as I go in.

I see a pretty young woman with long blonde hair pulled into a ponytail and smiling sheepishly with her hands folded together in front of her. I notice a small round table covered with a white tablecloth and two long lit candlesticks strategically placed with glasses on either side and an ice bucket in the middle with what appears to be a wine bottle. On either side of the table are two silver platters with the lid still on.

I'm just about to curse him out when I spot the name tag neatly placed on the right side of her shirt.

She's hotel staff.

He wasn't thinking about cheating, he was just surprising me with dinner.

"Will that be all you need?" She asks when I don't say anything else for a while.

"Yes. Thank you for your help." Taehyung tips her and bows before she leaves out.

I turn to look at him and he smiles at me. He grabs my still shaking hands and wraps them around his neck while placing his around my lower back.

"I was planning on doing so much more, but you came back early. I heard your tone of voice with me. Did you think I was cheating or something?" He pulls me in closer to his body.

I feel stupid but at the same time, he had another female in a hotel room with him while I was supposed to be at work. Who wouldn't think that way?

I look up at him through my lashes and nod bashfully before averting my attention elsewhere.

"What happened to not assuming the worst before hearing each other out?" He echoed my previous words to him.

"I know. I...I just had a day today and I guess I was a little in my head." I muttered.

He steps back, grabbing my hands as he bends his knees to lock eyes with mine. A look of confusion and worry on his face.

"You seemed happy when I left this afternoon. Did something happen? Was it Lucas?" He inquired as my face lifts to look at him.

I sigh with my eyes closed before responding. I know saying something won't help the already uneasy feeling he has towards my coworker but after what Lucas told me today, I know Taehyung was valid in his feelings towards him.

"In a nut shell, Lucas told me that you're going to hurt me one day and that he wants to be the one I run to. He's attracted to me and even though I told him off, I don't think he's going to stop flirting with me." I explain as I watch Taehyung's expression grow more and more angry.

"He said all of that the day he met me? Knowing for sure now that you're taken and that I'm still around. Wow...he's more bold than I gave him credit for." He fumed as he thinks about the encounter I must have had.

"And so basically when you came to the hotel and heard the staff in here, you thought the worst because of what he said?" He continues as his eyes now pierce through me.

I nod.

"Even though I've done nothing to prove any disloyalty to you, you let that arrogant bastard sway your thoughts about me?" He questions again and with the sharpness in his tone, I suddenly realize that I'm being scolded.