Chapter Forty-Three

Around six that evening, Taehyung called to check on me to make sure I was okay. We ended up talking for about two hours about everything. From our fears and self doubts to our hopes and dreams to our love and desires. It was one of the best conversations we've ever had. Even though I felt on cloud nine just being able to be comforted in his voice, it did make me miss him that much more.

By the end of the conversation, he agreed that I should go have a fun night out with my friends with the promise of leaving if anything makes me feel uncomfortable or if Lucas decides he was no longer going to continue to act right.

"What should I wear? I haven't been to an adult party before." Emma questions as she pulls out multiple outfits.

"Adult party?" I giggle. "Emma, he's only like five years older than you and I can guarantee you that Lucas is not an adult."

"But it'll be older guys there. I don't want to look immature. What if I meet my future husband? I don't want to hear about how ugly my outfit was for the rest of my life." She places her palm to her forehead and sags her shoulders as she stares at her wardrobe.

I walk over and grab a sleek black dress from her closet that she hadn't pulled out and I hold it in front of her as if she was already wearing it.

"When in doubt, a black dress is always the answer. It's classic, it's clean, it's simple but it's sexy." I smile as she takes the hanger and walks over to the mirror.

"But this is the dress I wore for my orchestra performance." She whips back around to look at me with the garment still planted against her body.

"And you looked damn good in it. No one is going to know that there and even if someone you know sees you, I doubt they would know that information." I shrug.

She nods and turns back to look in the mirror, smiling at herself as she imagines herself in it again.

After discussing how she should do her hair and makeup, I get up and get dressed myself. It doesn't take me nearly as long to figure out what I'm going to be wearing since I'm not worried about seeing my future husband at this party. I'm there just to unwind and maybe have a few drinks while I laugh at drunken people and their horrible dancing skills.

The gray and burgundy sweater dress was dressy enough for a house party while also keeping me covered. Especially when paired with the over the knee matching gray suede boots, making only a few inches of my thighs visible.

Madison and Megan meet us outside when we get the notification that our Uber had arrived. Both of them looking like they were searching for their next Mr. Right, but I knew Justin was going to be meeting Madison there.

It takes about twenty minutes for the Uber driver to make it across town to the large gray brick house with blue shutters. The house was located in a fairly new housing development which gave it plenty of privacy since it wasn't right next to any neighboring homes.

"Hi. Um...I'm Ava. One of Lucas's friends." I awkwardly introduce myself to the nerdy, short man answering the door with brunette hair and glasses.

"Oh! Hey! Lucas mentioned you'd be coming by. Come in, the kitchen is to the right if you want a drink." He smiles and steps aside so that the four of us can come in.

We head straight to the kitchen and pour us a drink, squeezing past groups of friends talking or couples flirting. At least I haven't seen anyone groping each other yet.

"Hey, I'm going to go find Justin." Madison smiles and I roll my eyes.

I knew that wouldn't take long. Oh well, at least I have two more friends...