Chapter Thirty-Six

Since all of the retail stores close early around here on Sundays, we make it a point to begin our shopping excursion no later than ten in the morning. It still gives us plenty of time to sleep in, fool around and eat breakfast but we're still out early enough as we step out to the front of the hotel.

"Rule number one." Taehyung begins as he puts the car into gear.

"Wait, I have rules?" I snap my head over to him with a raised eyebrow.

"Rule number one. You're not allowed to look at price tags or say anything about a price of something if you happen to see it. I know my bank account. I know when enough is enough." He finishes demanding and I sit back in the seat.

"Yes sir." I quietly reply.

He puts the blinker on and heads towards a known shopping district.

"Rule number two. You must get enough items for the trip. Don't try to tell me we've bought enough just so I won't spend more. And don't try to persuade me to buy something cheaper."

"Yes sir."

"Rule number three." He continues and I look over to him, waiting for the next part in his set of shopping rules. "This one is important...are you listening closely?"

"Yes sir." I pout as I continue to look over at him, feeling like a child being scolded.

"You must give me a kiss right now and tell me you love me." He smiles as he pulls up to a red light.

"I love you Tae!" I croon before giving him his requested kiss.

He places his hand on my thigh and gives it a gentle squeeze as he offers me his wide boxy grin.

Our first stop is a store called The North Face. I've never been into it but I've heard kids at school talk about it when they were planning on going on ski trips. Searching the store as we walk in, he pulls me towards a section with down coats.

"What color do you like?" He asks as we approach the clothing rack.

I look at the selection and decide to go with something that would work with multiple outfits.

"I like the white one with the black detailing. But is that warm enough? It doesn't look really big and bulky." I ask as I notice how thin it looks when he pulls it out.

"It's very warm. Take off our coat and try it on. You'll see." He waits for me to finish sliding my coat off before taking the new one off of the hanger.

I put it on and zip it up to see if I like the fit. Walking over to a nearby mirror, I check it out to make sure I like how I look in it as well. The fact that it's not bulky helps me not look top heavy and Taehyung is right, it's extremely warm. A bead of sweat begins to drip down my temple and I take it off right away.

"Ah, it is really warm but I like it. I'll get it." I smile and hand it back to him to put on the hanger. "So what all do I need to get?"

"A warm enough coat, gloves, a couple hats, some scarves, some thicker jeans, better boots, better socks and some warmer sweaters." He prattles off a list and I try to remember it all.

I look to my right and see a section for gloves and hats. I walk over to it and find a pair of black gloves that will fit me and choose a couple of beanies that I like along with two scarves.

Once I've added two pairs of warm boots in both black and brown and a few pairs of thick socks, we head to the checkout counter.

"Remember rule number one?" He asks as he sets everything down to be rang up by the cashier.