[Sixty-eight]

"Can you explain it to me, Dad?" the woman asked. "How did you come to that conclusion?"

Jimin took off his glasses and laid it on the table. "Well for starters, your father did not seem surprised to see Papa in a wheelchair, as if he knew all along and gotten used to it. Normally, people would react strongly if they suddenly met somebody they once loved, end up being disabled. He would ask questions, but he didn't."

"Maybe it's because we were there, and he did not want to be rude," Eun-hye suggested.

"That could be it, but your father seemed aware that Papa lost his memory. If you saw somebody you haven't seen in a long time, wouldn't you greet them as if they recognized you, with a little more excitement?"

"Well, I don't know if my father would remember Papa. Besides, it was his mother's funeral, I doubt he could express joy in meeting his ex-lover on such an occasion."

"Now, that doesn't make sense Eun-hye. No one ever forgets their first love. I'm not saying your father should act in a certain way, but he was too calm and collected in Papa's presence."

"My father does not show much emotion to begin with," Eun-hye muttered.

"Perhaps that's true, but Papa was also being odd. He kept glancing at your father whenever he thinks I wasn't looking."

"Are you jealous, Dad?" Eun-hye teased. "Admit that my father is handsome despite his old age."

Jimin gave a slight chuckle. "You got me there. But on a serious note, both of them acted as if they were hiding some secret. It was the same feeling I had years ago when Taehyung didn't tell me he was dating your father."

"So you're thinking Papa is having an affair with my father?"

"No, not to that extent. Even if Taehyung stopped loving me, he wouldn't cheat on me with some other guy. He's the type to feel indebted to somebody who saved his life."

"You are more understanding than I expect you to be, Dad," Eun-hye remarked. "So what are you going to do?"

"Nothing," Jimin replied. "I'm sure Papa has his reasons for not telling us, whether he's starting to remember or he's met your father. Either way, we have to let him come to us when it's time for him to tell the truth."

"But wouldn't the truth coming out, destroy us? What if Papa runs back to my father, are you prepared for that possibility?"

For once in his life, Jimin did not have all the answers, and he wished that day he's afraid of, would never come.