Part 17 - Dexter's true intentions

No ones POV...

Loki had to admit that he slowly grew annoyed with everyone, besides Dexter, wearing a mask. He would never tell anyone of them, so why do they still hide ? Dexter saw Loki troubled and interrupted his thoughts.

"What is troubleing you ?"

"N-nothing..."

"Loki..."

"The masks. They all still hide their faces. I would never tell anyone about you, so why do they still wear them ?"

"Because I am the leader and I didn't tell them to pull the masks off."

"I feel like an outcast...", Loki mumbled.

Dexter sighed.

"I don't trust many people that easily.", Dexter told Loki.

"Even after that...night ?", Loki asked hurt.

"She was just like that too, Loki. It hurts to remember that and it would hurt me even more if someone is betraying me like that again. Or even worse. I once did this stupid mistake...I just don't want it to happen again."

Before Loki could say more, Dexter had stood up and went away. Fox looked at Dexter and then at Loki, who was sad.

"Hey Loki ? What was the problem about ?", Fox asked him kindly.

"That Dexter doesn't trust me enough to let you take off those masks..."

Fox frowned under his mask, stood up and sat himself next to Loki.

"So he told you about her ?", Fox asked.

Loki nodded. Fox sighed and rubbed Loki's back.

"He...he never trusted anyone after that...You see...Rat would have never been treated like that, if she would have never crawled into Dexter's heart like she did. And you, Loki, just do the same."

Loki stared at Fox.

"I am not from this HYDRA thing !!"

"That is not what I was trying to say Loki. Like Melanie crawled her way into Dexter's heart...you do the same. You are already in his heart and he is afraid that you just turn out as another painful heartbreak. You see...he tries to knock some sense into you and to ignore his selfish needs and wants, but with every day you stay here and are around him...the harder it gets for him to let you go. He tries to put you with Odin, Frigga and Thor together, so you may have another shot and you will be happy, finding a woman in Asgard and grow old with her maybe even having children. But the problem is right now, that you own his heart. You have it in your hands already. And that is bad, for both of you."

"For both of us ?"

"Loki, you grow old. You get over 5000 years old, but Dexter ? He is never going to die. He will for ever stay, never ageing. As soon as you die...he could lose himself for ever. Dexter knows that and that is why he wants to get rid of you somehow, even if it hurts him dearly. The longer you stay, the more you grow onto him and that means the more painful and heartbreaking it will be to send you away. He hates this immortality so much, but no one can change it. 5000 years are for Dexter just a second. Dexter has you just for a second and then you are already gone, leaving him for good. This love would never work out. He needs someone who will stay with him for ever."

"But why did he bring all my belongings here then ?"

"Because he wants you to believe that he is not trying to manipulate you into going away. He gives you all these wise talkings, so you go home and live your life, forgetting about him for good. He loves you, but he actually shouldn't, because you are mortal."