Part 24 - Mr. L's Idendity

I actually just wanted the sound track, but there is none to find so I had to take an animation... That animation belongs to Spas Draws.

Loki jumped up abruptly.

"WHAT ?!", he yelled.

Mr. L stood up too and looked down.

"You heard me. Odin Borson took my family from me. He was knee - deep in our blood, like in everyone else's of the Nine Realms, Loki."

"Who and what are you ?", Loki asked scared.

Mr. L took off his mask and Loki screamed. Under this mask was a Frost Giant, but not just some Frost Giant, it was Laufey. King of Jotunheim.

"Laufey ?! How ?! I killed you !!", Loki yelled.

"You didn't. You killed my brother, and I thank you for that. He tricked me and took over the throne, locking me away in the dungons. He and I looked the same."

"You work with Dexter ?!"

"I do. We are best friends."

Loki was silent.

"Why were you lying ?", Loki asked Laufey.

Laufey looked at him in confusion.

"Pardon me ?"

"You were lying about your family and mostly your son !", Loki yelled.

"From where would you know that ? Because the great Allfather told everyone lies about us ? He was always a liar.", Laufey snorted.

"He told me that you abandoned your son ! Left him to die ! Cast him out ! Apparently he was too weak and unworthy in your and everyone else's eyes !"

"That is a lie !"

"And you attacked Midgard once ! That was why Odin took the Casket of Acient Winters from you !"

"He lies ! That are all dirty lies !"

"Where is the proof ?!"

Laufey took deep breaths.

"Look me in the eyes, Loki. You know when I am lying, right ? You are the God of Mischief and Lies, right ?"

Loki nodded.

"Then look into my eyes and read, like listen, closely what I have to say."

Loki did as told.

"Go on, Laufey."

"We never attacked Midgard. We really never did. We kept to ourselves and did our business, like normal folks do. Soon my son was born and sadly, I had to make that official to all the Nine Realms. Every Realm cheered, except one...Asgard. After King Bor died, Asgard was acting...strange. As my son was one week old, we had the plan on putting him on one of these magical stones, they looked like normal rocks, but were filled with magic. When a baby, that didn't get big enough in their months of pragnacy, get put on one of these, they will grow like a normal Frost Giant. Sadly at the same day, as the process already started on our son, Odin attacked us. If we would have taken him back, he could have died then and there or even grow smaller. I left my wife with my son and ran back to the castle, helping my people. Odin was after our Casket of Acient Winters. It was a mighty artefact and the only source of keeping our planet steady and alive. As Odin defeated me, he took it and we felt the change in our home. Our planet got visibly weaker. And as I returned to my family...they were both gone."

Loki didn't detect any lies there. He got curious.

"Was it just you ?", Loki asked.

"No. All of us had to face it. Odin stole, started wars and killed innocent people. More than you can ever count. Out of these Realms he stole valuables and artefacts. He placed them all as some trophy in his vault in the palace. He told everyone lies about this one Realm, he conquered, and then he stood there as the big hero. He made many enemies. We, the Jotuns, saw through all of his lies, because we talked with all those Realms, he had conquered. They all said the same, he attacked, stole and killed innocent, taking what he wanted. He even took, back home, slaves. Mostly women. Since then we never trusted Odin. And one day he attacked us, so we will never dare to go against him, and just to make sure that it will stay like that, he took my son from me, threatening me with his life. I could still murder this old man for that !", Laufey growled.