Part 47 - Confession and Anger

WARNING!: Could be heartbreaking...Odin being a Monster and Asshole ! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!

Dexter took a deep breath.

"You asked Fox about Odin and us knowing him, you remember ?"

"Yes ?"

"And you realized that I was very uncomfortable about him and the whole subject, yes ?"

"Yes. That is why I didn't press any further. Why ?"

"Loki, I am sorry that I never told you the truth, after I had a change of heart. I really am, I just didn't want to make you misunderstand like we already did 2 times before. I wasn't sure, if you would take it well, so please...keep in mind that I am no longer doing, what I was supposed to do. Okay ?"

"Dexter, you are scaring me. What does all of this have to do with Odin ?", Loki said in fear.

(Imagine Dragons Monster)

"Just promise me you will keep it in mind that I am no longer doing it.", Dexter pleaded.

Loki stared at Dexter for a second and then nodded.

"I will keep it in mind, Dexter. I promise."

Dexter nodded at that, but Loki saw Dexter tensing up even more. What was Dexter trying to hide from him ?

"I knew you since the beginning, Loki. Odin was my ally at some point. He and his whole army. At least that was what I always thought. He kept things from me and I saw how he mistreated you, but my hands were bound. I couldn't help nor save you. No matter how much I wanted to. The years passed, I saw less and less of you. I never searched nor went after you. It wasn't my place to know where you have been wondering off to, so I left you alone. As the years passed, the faithful day came to us, that Odin demanded my presence in Asgard. It was about you."

Loki looked at Dexter in quite some shock.

"It was a day after you disappeared and everyone thought you dead. They were all mourning, but not Odin. Odin knew that you wouldn't die in the Galaxy. Frost Giants live in the cold, there was no way you could have died and your Magic would have protected you and given you Oxygen. He wanted me to find you and bring you back as soon as possible. I didn't think much, because I didn't care. I stopped caring about people after Melanie betrayed me so hard, so I decided to not take that chance and go against him. I was emotionless. I knew close to nothing about you and that made it also easier to just get you and give you back. Out of safety reasons though, I didn't go find you myself. I sent everyone else come find you and Fox and Darkness did."

Loki was speechless and in pure shock.

"Fox told me, that you were at Thanos, trapped and got tormented. He and Darkness were outnumbered and we couldn't get you. Instead I called everyone back for a plan to get you out of there. As I found out that you were there and got a few pictures of how bad you looked, I felt bad. I couldn't do anything for you all these years and then, when I had the chance to save you, I decided to give you back to that Monster on Asgard. It didn't change my mind though, I was still on completing the Mission. As we had a plan, it was already too late and you were under his Control. So I then decided to wait with the others and look into the near future. I found out what your plans were, or better Thanos', and decided to cut the connection between you and him as soon as I get my hands on you.
Odin became with each day more impatient. He demanded meetings with me, as many as possible, and yelled at me to find you. With every day it went worse. I always said I still didn't find you and that you probably don't want to be found.
As you were back to normal, you were so broken and insecure...I couldn't just send you back. I decided to help you back up and get rid of your Insecurity and try to help you fix yourself. I sent Fox and a few others into Asgard to tell me what Odin planned with you. As they told me what exactly, I decided to never send you back. At least not for as long as it is safe and you want to stay.
Odin planned to punish you in the worst ways possible. And so I decided to keep you. You would have rather died in Muspelheim, than the torture Odin would have put you under. And Frigga didn't know a thing. She still doesn't.
But because of all this, I didn't sent you home straight away and as I fell in love with you, I decided that I will never force you to go.", Dexter explained.

Loki's world crumbled right in front of his own eyes. Dexter wanted to sent him back to Odin... All along....

"Please remember, that I am no more like that, Loki. I changed for the better, because of YOU. If Melanie wouldn't have been, I would have never even thought about returning you to Asgard. Fox and the others knew me from the good days to the dark days. You can always ask them, if you want, to make sure I am not lying."

Loki looked at Dexter coldly.

"You never wanted to tell me that. You never wanted to tell me that I will get tortured as soon as I step foot into Asgard. You would have left me to rot there by every little thing !", Loki yelled.

"Because I was different, Loki ! YOU and Fox made me see reason ! I am no more like that !"

"Who says that you aren't lying ?!"

"You are the God of Lies !"

Loki turned around, giving Dexter his back to see.

"I will be in bed. Leave me alone and don't you dare to get close to me. I am mad at you and I will stay that for quite a while.", Loki hissed out.

"Loki..."

Loki stormed off and Dexter was left alone in the TV room.

"I am sorry...", was all Dexter whispered.

'Great you did it ! Now you lost him too.'

'Shut up Daniel ! He had to tell him the truth !'

'Did he now ? Funny a Demon tells me, what is right and what is wrong.'

'Well you are a fucking Angel and you act like a Demon ! Someone has to be responsible for him !'

'Shut up and leave me alone. Both of you...', Dexter thought in his head.

'No ! You have to make this right again ! You need to understand where he comes from, Dexter ! He was tormented by Thor and his friends. It was a mechanism to protect himself ! Try to talk to him in an hour, okay ? Tell him everything, not just the half of everything. Make him laugh. Try to make this right again. You are his other half and he is yours.'

'Funny hearing that from a Demon.'

'Dexter, don't avoid the subject. Just do it !'

'I...I will try...'

'Good.'