THE CEO'S SWEET LOVE 020

Bai Zhenzhen flew back to B city after a month of filming the twenty episode Variety show. She had discovered that the next day was Zhou Jianyu's birthday so she decided to surprise him with a cake and a meal prepared by her. After one season of her cooking show [The Chef cookbook] she had already almost got the hang of cooking at least she could now make a few types of instant Noddles. She could try her hand in making a few of his favorite dishes. she had already gotten the recipe from Aunt Mu. She decided to prepare him the birthday soup her mother usually prepared whenever they celebrated a birthday but she had no idea what ingredients she needed nor the recipe. She had asked her younger brother Bai Liu but he had no idea of the recipe. It was a miracle he did try to find out why she wanted the recipe. She was yet to tell her brother she was seeing someone, luckily like most times his was too focused on his surgery videos and wasn't attentive to anything else. His inattentiveness always came in handy when hiding something from Bai Liu but not for long. It was only a matter of time before he got wind of the situation and start asking questions. That's when he would turn into an amateur Detective Sherlock Holmes and get in the way. She would have to let his know before he reaches that stage and become her personalized nuisance. Once again she was back to round one, how could she possibly get the recipe without getting her mum suspicious of everything. It had taken a lot of begging to make her cousin keep his mouth shut. She had to bribe him with a bottle of his favorite brand of wine. This wasn't good she was running out of time, she had to go shopping and start preparing the meal before it was too late and Jianyu got back from work. Summoning up some courage she dialed her mother's number and crossed her fingers hoping that her mother doesn't get even a little bit suspicious. "Mum" She said as soon as her mother answered the call. "Zhenzhen, what a surprise I was just thinking about you" Zhao Nuling said putting down the chart she was holding. "really" Bai Zhenzhen said. "Yes I just Finished my runs in the ward and thought of you. Mrs Xie just informed me that her son is unmarried and was reposted to B city. She was worried about his status and is looking for someone to matchmake him with and I immediately thought of you. Her son is an orthopedic doctor in the First citizens Hospital. I already asked your cousin Shirong to enquire about him and he did, turns out his quite the rising Star. So why don't you guy meet and get to know about euch other" her mother said. Her mother like other members of the Zhao family was a Pediatrician in A city general hospital. Her mother didn't normally street herself trying to matchmake her. This was bad, very bad since her breakup with Li Cheng her mother had been trying to make her go on blind dates. It felt like her mother had been enquiring from all her close friends if any of their children or nephew were single and worked in B city so that she can make her go on a blind date with him. She  had always avoided euch everyone of them with work but not anymore considering she had informed her mother that she had taken a three weeks break. Her mother really didn't waste much time setting her up on a blind date and elder brother Shirong must have found the whole thing funny and decided to play along for a few laughs which was quite typical of him. "Mum I don't have much time, am actually preparing for an audition a week from now so I_" she was saying when her mother interrupted "You have a three weeks break so you can meet him after the audition. Zhenzhen this is a good idea, Mrs Xie has always been fond of you so you won't have any problem when you get married. Think if it Zhenzhen okay". There was no running from this it seems. She really has to end this call before it progresses further. She felt like punching her cousin for not even giving her a heads up. "I will, mum please can you send me the recipe for the birthday soup" Bai Zhenzhen said. "Birthday soup? why do you need that m" Her mother said. "its Ling Cao's birthday in a few days, Fei'er wants to make him something special for his first birthday after marriage" Bai Zhenzhen said. "Oh how sweet. the newlywed stage is always the sweetest. Zhenzhen hurry up and get married see even Fei'er is not only married but about to become a mum. Most of your classmates are all getting married even Li Cheng is getting married. I heard it from Mrs Ding and to some heiress at that. Mrs Li must be keeping it from me deliberately. Zhenzhen Just meet him once alright, of you don't like him I won't make you meet him again" Her mother said. "Yes mother I will, the recipe" Bai Zhenzhen said. "Oh yes I will send it to you now, bye bye take care of yourself" her mother said. "Thanks mum I will" Bai Zhenzhen said.

Ten minutes later her mother sent her the birthday recipe and after calling to thank her, Bai Zhenzhen made her list and headed to the supermarket to buy the ingredients. After which she drove over to Zhou Jianyu's house and began to prepare the meal. She had already bought the birthday cake. At 8pm Zhou Jianyu returned home and after singing him a birthday song and cutting the cake they began to eat.