CHAPTER 20: Jesika

The news Alpha Drake had told me about everything that was mentioned in the meeting, I have to say it had me relieved and feeling real happy. Well, mostly about the whole part about me and him.

As far as it goes with what he told me about in taking care of Jolton, I was worried.

However, he didn't make me have a second thought about it really as he immediately asked me to go out on a nice date with him to dinner.

I miss back when he took me out to places that were casual and nice ones.

So I ended up finding the nicest thing I could, straightened my hair and put on minimal make up before kissing Dominic goodnight as did Drake before we left him while Beta Kent and Drake's parents were left babysitting Dominic.

Throughout the evening, Drake was a gentleman and opened the doors for me and pulled out my chair from the restaurant he took me to before then sitting down across the small rounded table from me.

"This is really nice baby." I smile at him. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, my love." He smiles back at me.

We look at the menu before moments later ordering and then started talking to one another and all throughout the meal, I couldn't help but think about how all that has happened since that one particular day when I left and how much more I am starting to believe in 'good fate.'

After we finished eating, he next took me somewhere that was nice and romantic, almost like a park with the stars real bright tonight lighting upon the sidewalk as we walked slowly side by side and hand in hand.

"Hmm...." I sighed a little while leaning my head on his arm as we continued to walk and I looped my arm through his.

"I love you babe." He smiles at me.

"I love you too." I smiled back and we started to kiss each other while continuing to walk. "It's a beautiful night."

"Yes it is." He replies.

We find a bench and take a seat then faced out towards the water of the huge pond there in the middle of the park as he pulled me closer and had my head on his shoulder with one of his arms over my shoulders.

"Who would have thought you and I would be together after all this time." I tell him.

"I always told you to trust fate." He says.

"In the beginning I had thought this was all a big dream that I was soon going to wake up from. Thankfully it isn't." I held him tighter a little more.

"You worry too much babe." He says as I feel him begin to gently caress the side of my arm.

"I know. It's a bad habit I need to break. And I promise I will." I smile while looking at him as I say the last part.

"Good." He smiles looking down at me and places another kiss onto my lips before we go back to cuddling and looking out onto the pond and talking some more, including possibly bringing Dominic here sometime.

Then as it got later, we decided to start heading back and make love. But once we reached the car and he started opening up the door for me, before he could, we turned and looked to the side of us as soon as we heard a female's voice say his name.

"Alpha Drake?" She says.

Who was she?! She honestly looked like a slut and was right away eyeing me up and down in disgust and glared at me then raised an eyebrow while looking at Drake.

"Well look what we have here. I see you have moved on very quickly from my sister." The girl states as she takes a few steps towards us with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Merrill." I heard him say under his breath but seemed to have tightened his grip on the top of the door.

"Hi. I'm his mate, Jesika. And you are?" I asked trying to be nice and held out my hand.

This bitch just looked down at my hand and huffed.

"I'm not shaking your hand. And since you clearly didn't just hear him, my name is Merrill. You know, as in Marcie's sister? His recently EX fiance?!" She smirked at him.

That was the moment I felt myself wake up from this whole dream. I knew things were too good to be true.

Is that why he has been EXTRA nice with me  this whole time in making things right?

I look at him and try to hide the tears forming in my eyes.

"Merrill, what the fuck?! You and I both know her and I weren't really together. And once again, PERFECT fucking timing." He tells her through a clenched jaw.

"Wait until my sister hears about this." She states with an evil grin.

"The fuck you will! You won't say shit to her!" He snaps at her.

Then he looks at me and I can't look at him right now so I hurry to get into the car and slam the door shut and try to hold in the tears I want badly to cry out right now.

Next thing I hear is him and her arguing before she then stomps away and tells him to 'fuck off!' before he gets into the car and sits there for a moment without us saying anything to each other.

"Jesika..." He starts.

"Just take me back to the house." I tell him then look out the window after I get buckled and try to imagine this isn't really happening.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)