CHAPTER 33: Drake

The last thing I would ever want to do really, is explode and lose my temper against her, Dominic and or anybody else. I meant what I had said and am glad she calmed me down. 

I hadn't heard anything else from my uncle and both my wolf and I had felt mentally exhausted and we all had decided to head off to bed early, with the exceptions of course of several of Roman's guys all standing guard. 

Tonight was a 'peaceful' night and it had helped make it easy to fall asleep as the sound of the crickets along with the nice gentle breeze that swept in through our opened window then brushed over us. 

Suddenly, I was awoken by the bloodcurdling scream that I knew right away was coming from Jesika and sounded like it was coming from next door in Dominic's bedroom. So I shot straight up out of bed and ran quickly inside to be confronted and startled as I looked and noticed my mother was standing in the corner by the window, holding Dominic in her grasp, asleep. 

"Mom?!" I asked in confusion and disbelief. 

She snapped her head at me and what I saw in her eyes, was not my mother. 

"You idiot. You worthless piece of shit! Why would you have tainted our kind and our name by making this HUMAN you fucking mate?!" She asks in a voice filled with disgust that seemed also not like her normal tone. 

"Let him go mom." I try and tell her calmly. 

"I'll do no such thing. I must get rid of this disgusting hybrid you and that BITCH created, before he destroys us all." She spits at us. 

I started slowly walking up beside Jesika who looked as though she was about to lunge for my mom's throat. 

"Mom, please don't do this. He's your grandson." I try and give her another chance to stop her from hurting mine and Jesika's son. 

"NO! He will be no different than any other hybrid who are just like him! And as the Queen, I have an obligation in taking over for your recently deceased father. Since he had no back bone to do this sooner like he should have." She mutters the last part to herself under her breath but I still heard her. Now it was all beginning to make sense as to why he felt so guilty. 

"Mom, listen to me, he will never be like any other hybrid. We won't ever raise him like that. I know the others in the past had been raised to become our enemies but, Dominic won't because he has Jesika and I to raise him better than that." I try and explain while distracting her enough so I can slowly begin to walk towards her but damnit, she caught me and has me stop by gripping onto Dominic's neck now. 

"It's too late. You did this. Remember that." She says as the last thing before next jumping out the window with our sleeping son in her arms and covering him with a cloak she was wearing then disappeared? What the hell?! How is that even possible?!

"NOOOOOO!!!!" I heard Jesika cry out loud as she sprung towards the window, looking out everywhere and didn't see him or my mom anywhere. 

She was hanging halfway out the window before I immediately run up behind her and pull her back inside while turning her around to face me. She just buries her face into my chest while continuing to sob. 

"It's okay. Baby, we'll get him back." I try and reassure her. 

"She then lifts her head back and looks up to look at me. 

"What if we can't?! You saw out there, she just disappeared! Maybe she has some witch in her after all.....something. I mean how are we supposed to find her since she CLEARLY has some kind of powers strong enough to fly." She exclaims. 

"We'll talk to the Elders and....." I tried starting to explain but she didn't want to hear any of it. 

"No! It's obvious that they weren't able to track her or Jolton. We need to find out how to get a hold of Jolton and meet up with him to make a deal or whatever we need to so we can get Dominic back!" She says with finality in her eyes and voice. 

"Jesika, I want him back just as much as you do but we can't defy the Council. We can't go after someone like Jolton, without at least discussing it with them first." I try to explain. 

"I'll tell you what, you have until tomorrow afternoon to get a hold of them. But come tomorrow, I will be gone, getting our son back, with or without you." She replies. 

She was right. The council and especially the Elders as well as even the guys who were supposed to be guarding the house while we all slept, should have been able to.....WAIT!

I began going back and forth in my head what I had just thought of, why didn't Roman's guys say anything?

Something wasn't right and why hasn't Beta Kent or anyone come up here to check on us by now, or better yet, why weren't they here helping?!

The next thing I knew, I was hit real hard in the back of my head before everything went dark and the last thing I could hear was Jesika screaming out my name.....

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)