CHAPTER 30: Jesika

Dominic, Kent and I had just finished up with fixing lunch when both Drake and his uncle Eddie came walking out of the office. 

"I hope you're hungry Eddie. I made more than enough." I tell him with a smile as everybody (including the ones from outside) all come in and sit. 

"Thank you but I have some things I need to do....some business." He bows his head a little bit at me. "And please, you are family, so call me Uncle Eddie." He smiles even bigger. 

I bowed my head in reply along with a smile at him and then after he said 'goodbye' to everybody, he next left and Drake and I both took a seat before we all started eating. 

Alpha Drake doesn't think I've noticed, I bet, but I have already figured out that things have been off his mind that are bothering him still and now after the meeting he just had with his uncle, it seems he feels more worried and upset. 

Now, I don't want to be intrusive or sound pushy even, however, we are mates and I feel there are some things he needs/should tell me and isn't for some reason. 

Once we all were finished eating, most of the guys who have been standing guard to make sure no trespassers or anyone who doesn't belong comes near us, had left to continue dong just that while the other shifts (who were sent by his father so that we had the whole pack here), came to eat/sleep. 

Dominic and Kent went to play out in the backyard while I cleaned up a bit. 

"Here, I'll help you." Drake offers as he stands and stacks the empty plates on top of each other to carry into the kitchen for me. 

"Thank you." I smiled at him. 

Wen I was finished placing them in the dishwasher then as I turned around, I noticed Drake standing a couple feet away from me and looked as if he wanted to tell me something. 

"I'm sorry I haven't told you things for the past couple of weeks. I just...I wasn't sure, in fact, I am still not sure if I really know who my mother is. However, I did get some insight on her and possibly why she dislikes you." He says rather hesitantly. 

"And why is that?" I asked. 

He took me into our bedroom to speak and locked the door so that we didn't have to worry about Dominic or anybody disrupting us. We sat on the bed and he took my hand and kissed it a few times before going into all of the information he was just told by his uncle. Which I must say that, I was in complete and utter shock as well as being lost for words in the fact it was difficult to hear all he said. 

"Oh my god." I eventually muttered to myself. "So, your mother could still be possessed or being controlled by the witch." I mention. 

"What? No. Remember I mentioned that my father had it all taken care of? Uncle Eddie even on my father's orders." He states. 

"Yeah. I just thought....nevermind." I say. 

"Baby, listen. Like I said before, we're gonna be okay." He says with his 'reassuringly charming and irresistible smile of  his. 

"I believe you." I smile at him then as we lean in to give each other a kiss, we both smell an unknown scent. Or at least to me it's unknown. 

We get up and head downstairs with my hand in his still and notice the sliding glassed door opening from the backyard, then in walks Beta and Dominic. 

"Alpha, Luna, we have some guests." Beta Kent smiled. 

Right as we walked outside, both Drake and I were surprised-most likely for different reasons as mine were the fact there were probably a few hundred men and women here who all stood together looking at us. 

"Hello Alpha. Luna." One of the guys greets us respectfully as do the others while we too in return bowed our heads at them. 

"What are you all doing here, Alpha Roman?!" Drake asks. 

"We have some information we are sure you'd like to know about on both your mother and Jolton." He states. "Not to mention, we heard you were in need of some help." The guy says. 

The guy looked to be a few years older than Drake and I with no hair and covered in tattoos, including all over his head as well with a huge build. 

"I do. But what do you know about my mother and Jolton?" Drake asks him with much curiousity. 

"They're both working together. A cousin of mine last week had mentioned running into one of Jolton's guys and being told about both their plans." Roman states. 

"Fuck!" Drake says to himself, although we all heard it. 

"We came as soon as we heard and just got in this morning, after we also ran into your father on the way who told us where you were at." He finishes. "Also, you should know we don't have much time." 

This guy saw AND spoke to Drake's father?! And what does he mean we don't have much time?! For what?

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)