CHAPTER 32: Jesika

After finding out about Drake's father a couple of days ago, I couldn't help but start to hear my wolf try and tell me about her theory in what happened but I don't want to think about any of that right now.

Alpha Drake doesn't want to talk about it and in fact, hasn't really said much really to any of us. It seems that every moment that passes by now, he becomes distant a little more and has left it up to Kent and some of the other people help train me and Dominic.

Right now, I was making lunch for everybody and heard Roman come into the kitchen.

"Do you need some help?" He asks me.

"No. I got it, thanks." I replied.

"You know you are the only one he has ever let anybody let in close to his heart, right?!" He asks me.

"So I've heard. He's the first person I ever had get close to mine as well." I smiled at the thought of Drake.

"I just wanted to say thank you. For a while, before you came back into his life he had grown to be very grumpy and a bit more cruel than his true nature. You've been helping him become a TRUE future Alpha King." He smiles even bigger.

"Thank you." I smiled at him.

"You know, I could tell you stories about him when we used to run together and how he used to be as a kid." He started chuckling a little to himself making the moment more uplifting and lighter.

"Oh yeah?" I asked.

"Yeah. Like this one time, him and I were out for a run and...." He stops as soon as we hear Drake say something.

"Don't you have some things to do?" We heard Drake ask as he glared at Roman.

Oh great! He thinks we were flirting. I could tell by his stance and to the way he keeps clenching his jaw while continuing to glare at Roman.

"Uh, yeah. I should go and get the guys to let them know lunch will be ready soon." He says excusing himself to head out back.

I go back to finishing up the sandwiches and chips and as Drake comes walking into the kitchen up next to me, I feel I need to tell him to not be so upset but very nothing.

He has been irritated because he hasn't had much sleep and hasn't still been able to deal or even process any of his feelings about his mother and then now with the news about his father, he is irritable and snapping at everybody.

"We weren't flirting." I tell him.

"It sure did look like it." He says.

I stop what I'm doing then turn and look at him and try to remind myself that he is just tired, depressed, upset and going through a lot.

"Drake, please do me a favor and get some rest. You're starting to become short-tempered with everybody over every little thing. And I know you are going through...." I start to tell him but he cuts me off.

"No, you don't!" He snaps at me. "You have no idea in what I am going through.

"Well maybe not exactly, but I know that just suppressing your feelings and sweeping them under the rug and never dealing with them will cause you and I am sure your wolf, a way to one day explode on an innocent person for no reason. And I don't want that for you." I tell him.

I next gently place my hand on the side of his face and as he looks into my eyes, he begins to become more calm and even begins to smile as I smile in return at him.

"I'm sorry." He begins as he presses his forehead against mine and places his hand on the back of my neck. "I promise to be better at dealing with my emotions. Because I never want to end up exploding for no reason and that person be either you and or Dominic."

"It's okay baby. It's just that I know who you are deep down inside, and a MONSTER is not at all a part of you." I tell him.

"I love you." He tells me.

"And I love you." I smile at him then we share a passionate kiss before we grab the food and everything then head out back to all have lunch where he also had apologized to Roman.

Thankfully they are good friends and Roman seems like a cool guy as he understood.

Although I can't be 100% sure, I have a feeling that things will turn out okay in the end of all this.....Then again, maybe I am just hopeful.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)