Holiday

R kisses Elisabeth quickly on the back of the neck as he passes.
"I know what will cheer us all up a bit," he calls from the kitchen.

"What?" Beth murmurs from her spot on the sofa, curled up against Enj as he idly strokes her hair.

"A holiday!"

There is a moment of silence. R comes back into the living room, looking excited.

"Grantaire," Beth feels Enj's chest move as he takes a slow breath. "We are in the middle of making important political history. We cannot just up and leave."

"Well that is too bad," R says, sitting across from them. "Because I have already written to the landlord and said we will be staying in their cabin for a week. It is up in the forest, very remote. I thought it would be good to get away from the stress of the city, what with all that's been going on."

Elisabeth looks up at Enj, pleased by the idea herself. His eyes are narrowed.

She reaches out to him and gets his attention

"Please," she says with wide eyes. "It would be so nice. Just the three of us."

Enjolras sighs. "Fine, but I shall have to tell Combeferre to take over for the time being. And he will have to care for the dog whilst we are gone."

R punches the air in celebration at his victory.
"Wonderful! Oh and we won't be completely alone. We have a cabin to ourselves, but Amelie and Jehan and... um... Montparnasse have the one next to us."

Enjolras scowls at Parnasse's name, but Elisabeth breaks out into a grin.
"That will be wonderful for Jehan... all the wildlife and the flowers. He will be in bliss. And having the occasional female company will benefit me greatly also."

R pouts and Enj chuckles. She feels it deep in his chest and leans further into him.

"Of course, whilst I love you both, Amelie will be an outlet if you annoy me with your bickering."

"That is fair," R nods, then smirks. "But do not spend too much time with her, for there are things we must do in private, without any interruptions."
He winks and Elisabeth throws a pillow at him. Enjolras scoffs but smiles to himself at the thought.

 Enjolras scoffs but smiles to himself at the thought