Meeting Her Parents

After I said that she was silent. My stomach dropped and I was removing my arms from her neck when I see a smile break out on her face pulling me closer to her by my waist.

"I love you too." She says and right as we are about to kiss again there's a knock on the door.

We sadly exit the bathroom and I give everyone hugs wishing them a happy new years.

We get back to the hotel room at around 3:30am and the only sober ones are Me, Chris, and Tobin has a little buzz but everyone else is gone except Sue who drank a lot but you couldn't even tell. I guess it's a UCONN thing.

All of us helped everyone back to their rooms.

I laid Lindsey on the bed and Rose and Sonnett on theirs. I go to the bathroom to grab makeup wipes and take off all of their makeup.

I take off what little I had on then changed into my regular night clothes and joined Linds in bed.

We face each other and she says "I want you to meet my parents. They're coming to my next national team game which just so happens to be against England."

"Wow. I believe I'm free that day." I say causing her to smile.

"So that's a yes?" She asks just making sure.

"Yes baby it's a yes. Now we should get some sleep." I say and we fall asleep in each others arms.

All I can think about is how I hope this another step in us coming out to the world.

Time Skip to the Game

I told Lindsey that I can get her family box seats so they will watch the game with Jade and I.

Jade and I are waiting in the box for them just talking about how how we are excited for album to be released since it's almost finished.

We hear chatter and people enter the box so we stand up and I wipe my hands on my pants taking the nervous sweat off of them.

"Hi you must be Lindsey's family. I'm Mikayla." I say and stick my hand out for them to shake.

I am instead pulled into a hug.

"It's so good to finally meet the girl who stole our daughter's heart." Her mom said and we all pull away.

"I'm Lindsey's brother, Mike." He says shaking my hand.

"I'm Lindsey's father, Mark and please call me Mark." He says and shakes my hand as well.

"And I'm Linds' mother Linda and call me Linda please." She says smiling very widely.

Jade introduces herself and we all sit down and chat watching the girls warmup.

"So I noticed you're not wearing Linds jersey." Linda says.

"Yeah every time I see them play I rotate the jersey's so I'm wearing Rose's for today." I explain which she nods in response.

As they warm up Alex and Linds wave up at us and I notice Leah see and looks at our box. If you didn't already guess she wasn't too happy.

As soon as the game started both Lindsey and Leah we starting.

Lindsey still wasn't happy about Leah talking to me at the Arsenal game and Leah doesn't want me to be with anyone else but her so I can tell this game is going to be physical.

It was the 40th minute when Lindsey was dribbling down the field with Leah right next to her and their legs get tangled so they end up starting to push each other.