Broken

During the World Cup vs. England

Jade and I are currently watching the girls play against England at the airport. We managed to get a flight to France so the finals so hopefully they win today. No one knows we're coming except Christen and Lindsey's family. We wanted to surprise the team. 

Kelley crosses the ball and Christen scores with her fuckin head! Jade and I are trying to control out excitement in the seats we are in holding each others hands. 

Alex then scores and does her tea sipping celebration which made me die laughing. Jade shakes her head at the birthday girl.

We watched the rest of the game and we almost had a heart attack on the penalty kick. 

When the game ended we begin boarding the plane. We both turned off our locations so Alex and Lindsey couldn't see where we are. We are also staying at the same hotel as the team but we are going to check in when the team is at practice. We are wearing sunglasses and a hat so we can't be seen. 

We flew out of LAX so the flight was a little over 12 hours. I'm pretty sure I slept for about 5 hours in total. Jade and I sat in first classes which was very fancy. 

We landed and got into a car to go to the hotel and we are right on schedule. Right as we pull up the team's bus leaves. We check into the room and we go straight to bed needed some sleep. 

Jade and I basically stay in the room the whole time except when the team goes to training we sneak to the pool and get some fresh air before the team comes back. We almost got caught by Sonnett when we were walking in the hall but luckily she was occupied with carrying a bunch of boxes. Jade and I made sure to only text and talk on the phone with Alex and Lindsey so no FaceTime because we wanted to make sure they didn't notice the change of scenery. 

The game day finally came and we got on the family bus with Lindsey's family. 

We get to the game and my heart is racing. Jade is wearing Alex's jersey and I am wearing Lindsey's. 

Going into halftime the score was 0-0 Netherlands goalie is hella good. Like fuck. 

Not gonna lie some of the Netherlands player cute but I only have eyes for Lindsey. 

Alex when down in the box and the play is going under review and I'm holding Jade's hand prayer we get a pk. The ref signals for a penalty and we all cheer as Pineo. The keeper goes the wrong way so that the ball meets the back of the net. 

This seemed to light a fire under their asses cause soon Rose scored an amazing goal. 

The game ended and we all cheered. After they get their medal they all game to our section greeting their family Lindsey came over and I was making my way down to her but she makes eye contact with someone else. 

I follow her eyes to see a guy and she leans over the barrier and they kiss. I freeze in place. I hear Lindsey's family and Jade say something but I can't hear it. I turn around making my way out of our section to the exit. 

I make it outside and get an uber back to the hotel. I left early from the game so I got a ride quick. I rush to the room and collapse on the bed. As soon as my head hits the pillow I start crying. I feel broken. This hurts more than Leah. We were together for almost 2 years and it's all thrown down the drain. 

I cried so much I ended up falling asleep. 

I don't know how long I slept but I woke up the Jade shaking my shoulder gently waking me up. 

"Kayla come on bubs. You need to wake up." Jade says and I open my eyes seeing sympathy on her face. 

"Yes?" I say and sniffle at the end.