Chapter Thirty-Five: Anime Con

Y/n POV:

"It's finished!"

I was laughing like a mad scientist that had just revived Frankenstein while standing and looking at my now finished Mizore maid cosplay that I've been working on ever since I found out about the upcoming anime con.

(Anime: Rosario + Vampire. I do recommend it, but not if you're underage. The anime is full of fan service, but the manga is actually pretty gruesome.)

'It looks amazing! I can't wait to show it off!'

I was really happy, and also maybe getting a little bit too overly confident. At least, that was before I remembered that I had to put everything on and have it look perfect.

'****....I need to hurry if I want to get there on time.'

After thinking this I started my battle against time. I had to make sure to not ruin anything while putting it on too. Especially the wig. If I ruined that I'll end up losing a bunch of time while restyling it.

Once I was done I got my bag that I use for conventions and ran as fast as I could through the door and to my destination.

When I got there there thankfully wasn't that long of a line to get in, and it looked like I made it just in time before a huge amount of fellow anime lovers showed up.

'*sweats* Dang...If I was just a few seconds late I would have had to have gone behind all of those people.'

I was definitely thankful for getting there when I did after realizing this, and as soon as I got inside I went straight to the dōjinshis.

This one particular artist had a very similar art style that gave me a nostalgic feeling, and they looked familiar too.

'Did I buy some from them before or something?'

"Hi! Can I have the (character A) x (character B) one?"

They looked at me with the same look that I think I was giving them when their eyes suddenly went wide open while their jaw also dropped.

"No way..! Is that you Shrimpy?!"

After hearing this I finally realized who this was, and I would be smiling at them if it weren't for what they called me.

"Shrimpy....shrimps are small....you're saying I'm short, right?"

My height is a somewhat sensitive topic for me after realizing that I was one of the shortest out of all of my friends despite being one of the oldest.

"*sigh* Anyway, it's nice to see you here. Didn't think I'd find you again like this lol"

They looked a little bit embarrassed while both of us slowly looked at the NSFW dōjinshis that they were selling.

They ended up slowly pushing it out of sight because of how embarrassed they were. 'Yeah. This might be a bit of an embarrassing reunion...'