Chapter 44: Mr. Cursy

a/n: anyone else find cana incredibly annoying in this arc? the guild was under attack by a dark guild, but her priority was still s class? like you still wouldn't get s class if you found the grave cause like... the trial was called off... cause you're like....under attack? 

anyways

Near the end of Natsu's fight with Zancrow,
Y/n's words echoed in his head over and over again. He felt scared.

You don't have to be tough every minute of every day. It's okay to let your guard down. In fact, there are moments when it's the best thing you can possibly do, as long as you choose your moments wisely.

As more and more members started to learn the intentions of Grimoire Heart, they all became scared whether they wanted to admit it or not. They weren't so much scared of defeat as they were of Y/n getting captured. They're all worried right now.

-

I try walking around where I feel the most magic power. I also have to be careful to not run into more guards or The 7 Kin of Purgatory, whoever they are. From the research I've done about my magic, all the previous holders were all killed. Not by Zeref, but by Zeref worshippers.

I'm assuming that's why they're after me. To kill me. My walk turns into a run and well, I tripped over a branch. So I rolled down a huge hill. "Ow..." I say quietly after I had stopped rolling. I sit up. I then hear huge footsteps and then a shadow appears. I'm a bit hesitant to turn around since the shadow is so big. "Finally. I found someone." A deep voice says. I feel goosebumps all over. 

I turn around slowly and when I do so, I huge a huge foot coming down on me. I scream and jump back before it hits me. It's a huge white dude (he kinda reminds me of a marshmallow). "H-Hold on! Who are you?!" Plan to hide from the 7 Kin was a total fail. 

I stand up and he's triple my size. Maybe even more than triple. I stare at him intensely. He gasps and looks at me eye wide. He goes behind a tree, "Y-Yknow glaring at me like that won't save ya. You might think it's intimidating, but it's not! Do you have any idea who I am? I'm Kain Hikaru. One of the deadly 7 Kin of Purgatory. I'm super strong and stuff." He cowards behind the tree. 

"I love strong opponents! So hit me with everything you got and I will defeat you!" I declare. He gets out from behind the tree and lifts up his hand in a stop motion, "First answer one question. I feel something frizzy on my head, do you see anything?" He asks as he scratches his head. 

"Do you mean your hair?" 

"Oh!" He points at me. 

"Weirdo." I say under my breath. 

He sticks his hand into his cape, "Fine you asked for this. Now, get ready to face my wicked curse magic! You should've ran while you had the chance!" He pulls out a little brown doll. It's very creepy. 

He takes a step forward and I take a step back. "Before destroying you can you give me a piece of your hair?"

"What? No!" 

"C'mon, if you don't give me a piece of your hair then I can't curse you with my cursy doll." He whines. Curse magic. So, it's a dark magic item by Zeref. "All I need is a little strand and Mr. Cursy let me control however I want." 

"Uh no way." I respond. 

He starts scratching his head aggressively before pulling out a strand of hair. "Why don't you try it out for yourself!" Kain places his hair onto the doll. "Now, go ahead and give it a try!" He hands me the doll. I don't actually know for sure if this is one of Zeref's items or if it'll even work. I'm not much a voodoo doll believer. I stare at the doll in my heads. 

"Yeah! Do you feel the power? Feel free to give him tons of hugs and kisses too! Actually, I'm getting a bit hungry, so can we fight later- Ah!" He gets cut off when I lift the doll into the air and smash it into the ground. Kain also smashed into the ground too. I guess voodoo is real.  

I laugh. "Okay! That's enough lady-" I turn the doll upside down and make it do the splits, making Kain also do the splits upside down. I bend the doll into all sorts of crazy positions.  "You witch! Give me back Mr. Cursy!" He yells at me. 

"What's the rush? There's still plenty of poses we can't tried yet." I make the doll do some model poses and well... Kain was enjoying it. "You're not supposed to enjoy it!" I yell. 

"You know what-!" He runs to me and snatches the doll from my hands.  He stomps his foot and causes the ground underneath it to break. He places Mr. Cursy into one of his straps. 

"Alright! Now I'm angry! And you can just forget about asking me out! I won't waste my feelings over a bully who won't share her toys!" He pouts. "It's time for a ride on the Kain Pain Train!" He lunges at me and I turn around to run away. 

He would make train noises and knock out everything in his way with just the palm of his hands. "Don't run away from me! Why can't you accept my feelings for you?!" Kain cries. I shriek. I grab my sword from my side and turn around. I jump and swing it down, but he managed to catch it in between his hands. He then grabs my sword and swing me before throwing me. I skid back. He stomps his foot again. I shriek again and turn around to run away. "Get back here!" He yells and runs after me. 

How is someone his size so light on their feet? I get an idea. I stop and turn around. Nine swords of light appear around me and I shoot them at his feet. "Nope!" He says and deflects them all back. I yell as they all hit. As I'm up, I look down and see his whole body was covered in what looked like steel. "I'm tired of being iron Mr. Cursy. I wanna be light." He releases light beam from the palm of his hands and it hits me straight on. I grunt and fall onto the ground with my clothes all ripped up.

"Listen here lady, I may not look tough, but I'm apart of the 7 Deadly Kin." He stomps his foot again. I can't waste any more time with him. I pull out Finn's key. "Open! Gate of the Canis Minor: Nikora!" Finn appears. He starts dancing around. Kain stops attacking, "Oh my god he's so cute I could just die! I wanna pick him up and squeeze him, hug him, and cuddle him, and..." He trails off as drool falls down his face. 

Finn lets out a tiny scream. I pick him and start running with him in my arms.  "Guess that back fired on me!" I yell as I make Finn go away. "Constellations marks!" I cast. I stop running and see if there's damage. The smoke clears and he's still fine. I didn't see him making his way towards me and he hits me with the palm of his hands. He sends me back and rolling down a hill. 

I finally stop and look up to see him coming down with his body covered in iron. I shield myself and close my eyes. When I'm not hit, I look back and see Natsu and kicked him in the face before he hit me. "What the-?!" Natsu exclaims in confusion.