Chapter Eleven

"John!" "What!" "I'll be going to the shops so no drinking or parties!" "Yes Mimi!" Like I'll be doing any of that anyway. With this in front of me. It had been a couple of days since Paul and I held hands, and I can't get it out of my mind. I just decided to draw to distract my brain, but even that didn't work. Paul's lips entice me, I want to kiss them but know they're off limits. So soft, and pink. His body, so perfect. The thought of his hands around my waist makes my legs weak. I just need to see him again.

I set into town taking my notebook with me. It was pouring rain outside, but I just let it pass by. My legs are so used to running in the directions of Forthlin Road. Just to make sure I ran out to the back. The sight of him made my trousers tight. Oh dear god not now! Why are you so dumb? The bloke was sitting on the floor, softly plucking the strings on his guitar. A pencil and paper to his left. He was biting his lip, which made me whimper. Then I saw the tears running down his face, eyes red and puffy. I lightly tapped the window, hoping he would look at me. Our brains connected and I started the conversation. "Are you okay?" "Yeah, just fine. Why are you at my window? We've talked about this Lennon." "I didn't want your dad to get upset with you." "Oh."

He walked over to the window and snapped it open. "John, what are yer doin' outside?" "Let me inside wanker, it's chuckin' down outside!" I fake angrily answered. It made him laugh so that's all that matters. "Get inside, bloody hell Johnny!" "Whatever ya say." I step inside and immediately water starts dripping down on the floor. "John, you're getting the floor wet! Here, I'll get you a towel." He rushed out of the room as I calmed down. Okay, just take a deep breath. No need to fret. "I brought you a tow- What are those for?" "I bought them for you. Thought you might like flowers to uh, have for the house." I saw his cheeks turn red at my gesture. "Well, just set them down for now." I did as he said and almost burst excitingly from his touch. There was a cloth barrier, but he was still touching my hair regardless. "There uh, you can do the uh, the rest now." He rushed to put something away as I began to dry off my front.

"So uh, what were you doing earlier?" "Um, nothing much, just jotting some words down is all." I was smart enough to bring my guitar along with me because he began to strum his. "Anytime at all, anytime at all, anytime at all, all you gotta do is call, and I'll be there." "What's that you're singin'?" "Oh, just lyrics I thought of recently. You come up with anything?" "Not much, no." I wish I could rid of these feelings, but I can't. They follow me wherever I go. Even the songs I come up with, I'm thinking of him in mind. "Do you think we'll make it big someday?" Paul asked me. "I-, I don't know, honestly. It's nice to think about, but I've never really let myself explore that y'know? I like focusing on us right now rather, y'know?" "Yeah."

The jam session was very relaxing for me considering of what's been going on the past few weeks thinking about the future. "Oh you've got to be kidding me." I let out a chuckle as I saw Paul broke a string. I felt a bit cheeky in that moment. "You uh, you broke your g-string." I smiled as he burst into fits of laughter. "Of course you had to say it John." "You know me well." We both broke out into fits of laughter until it calmed down.

"So you're gonna need to change your strings." "Huh?" "You need to change out your string." "I need to change my strings?" "You've got to be joking me Macca." "Wha'?" "You seriously don't know how to change the strings on yer guitar?" "I was never told I had to change them!" I could sense the stress in his voice. I tried my best to calm him down and sat next to him on his bed. "It's okay, let me show you how. First, I'm gonna need your guitar." "No way John." "Do you want me to fix this?" "Yeah." "Then hand it over." He did as I instructed and I held it with a firm grip. I looked through drawers to find pieces of metal in the top of his dresser. "So, first you loosen up here, and then you grab the specific string you need. Place it in there very securely, and we might as well do the other ones as well."