In The Air Tonight (Part 2)

A/N: {Finally back at it! Sort of...this was mainly my sister's writing since I can't write fillers that well, and I was having a hard time coming up with anything. I promise to try and get another chapter out soon, but with Driver's Ed it kinda sucks any good energy out of me. If this has any mistakes or whatever, I edited this at like 1 am, so that should make sense. Alright, I'll leave now. Bye darlings! ✌️❤️}

"John? What are you-" It feels as if my lungs are finally breathing clean air after months of torture feeling his body against mine. The way my heart hammers against its bone cages, the blood sprinting to my face and body, feels like he never left my side. "Doing here?" I snicker hearing him finish my line for me, resting my forehead onto his. "Yeah." "I just-, wanted to come by." "What about the rules? What's gonna happen now? John, don't tell me yer trying to get away with it again." I saw the tiredness and regret in his eyes as he rubbed his face. "No, Paul. You don't have to be worrying about that anymore." "What do you mean?" "Nothing, just messing with ye." I cross my arms, frustration filling my tone. "John, what's going on? I want the truth, and nothing else." He dots my nose as if nothing I just said was important. I will admit it was really hard not to laugh, but I was more upset with him than in hysterics at the moment. "You don't have to worry about it anymore, Paul. I'm free as a bird." "John." "What?" His voice trails off at the end. "I'm not a child. I can handle myself and I can handle a big boy relationship. Now, will you just tell me what the hell is going on?" I can hear his little sighs come from the lips that once kissed my face.

"Stu and I had a row. So.. I think whatever we had is done now." Trying to get access to my lips again, I push him away. "Wait a minute. What do you mean it's done? Love, you still have another two days-" "Can we please not talk about that now, I need my boyfriend to hold me and make me feel better. Can you do that for me Paulie, please?" John's arms pull me in, trying to coax whatever vulnerability I had left from being without him. It was strong but not enough to make me fall. "No, John, we have to talk about this." "I don't want to-"

"WELL TOO BAD!"

My eyes widen in horror. What have I done? "John, I-" "Get away from me." He pushes me out of his arms then walks the other direction, holding his stomach and biting his nail. Those little ticks always come out when he's frightened. I can imagine his eyes were filling with tears, as mine were. "I-I didn't mean to yell-" "BUT YOU DID! I DIDN'T EVEN DO ANYTHING WRONG!" "I know, love. I'm sorry." As many friendships prosper, you learn more and more about each other that you hadn't before, and I was told of many accounts where John would be scolded towards because of his mis-steps or behavior by his Aunt Mimi and occasionally Uncle George. It was never meant to hurt him and was never in an abusive matter, but he was just a broken child who needed guidance. His mother left him to make the family she really wanted and was prepared for, and he really loved her as all little kids do with their parents. Later in his life, and I would soon find out, Stuart Sutcliffe was never a person to settle things in a gentle and respectful manner, which is why they clashed and still to this day, scrape against each other's horns. They both never back down, especially from they way they grew up. Bending down to his level on the floor, I can feel him vibrate from here.

"Johnny, please let me hold you. I'm sorry for raising my voice at you." The tears form and fall within seconds of each other. "Thank goodness." Swinging his arms around my neck, John holds me tight. "I already lost one love, I can't lose another, James." "I know John. I promise... I will never leave you. Ever again." Hot tears spill into my skin as the tip of his nose barely presses to my shoulder. Lifting his gaze to mine, we stare into each other's eyes for the longest time, never wanting to part. John's are all red and puffy from crying. But, somehow, I can tell that it's not just from me yelling at him. "Did Stu say something to you today, John?" That's when the grasp between us fades as he lowers his head.