[4]- A trust, Day Three

And that's how the day went for awhile.

Sleeping.

Xisuma would sleep even more, and wake up to pain, the stranger there on the times his mom wasn't.

By now, he couldn't tell if the pain was dulling, surpassing, the worst it's been, or if he'd gone numb- But it was still enough to keep his mind fuzzy and confused.

As he slowly blinked away yet again, he found comfort in the actions of the person sitting behind him, in this case it was just messing with his hair.

"Only two days left right....?" He mumbled quietly.

"Yes." Was all he got as a response.

"It hurts... more.. really super more..."

"I know."

The young boy slowly and weakly nodded. "Why do you tell me to trust you....?"

"Because," The stranger breathed out, "You need to."

Xisuma shook his head, but only to catch a glimpse of a blood/maroon red sleeve. But it was still. And stiff. He brought his hand to it and felt that it was also hard, before the stranger retreated his hand and pulled it back.

"Why'd you do that?"

"Because."

Xisuma stopped a moment before quietly whispering,

"I trust you though.."

He could practically feel the strangers lips curl into a smile behind him. "You do?"

He nodded. "Can I ask you something..?"

There was a slight hesitation in the response. "..... Depends.."

The child took a breath. "Who... Who are you..?"

It was like the world had frozen. The hand had stopped moving, and the stranger had stopped talking. He couldn't even hear him breathing.

Curiously, Xisuma mustered up all his strength, pushed down the fact his head was killing him, and turned around and looked.

A gloved hand was pushed on his face, covering his vision. "Not yet."

"But I wanna! We're friends." He quietly argued, his pain-induced quiet tone was muffled even more by the pain.

He felt the strangers' hand weaken in the slightest as one of the fingers slipped. He peeked through, only to see the same armor all over his body. He dragged his eyes upward, seeing a white, weak and just beginning smile. He peered closer and saw teeth. Sharp teeth. And- He jumped back and screamed.

Red eyes.

Bright, red eyes. Piercing through a dark grey helmet on his head.

He pressed back into the wall and curled up. "Please don't hurt me! Please don't hurt me! Please don't hurt me!"

The beast sighed and shook his head, "I knew you weren't ready..," He muttered.

Xisuma stared at him, pale and shaking. "Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease don't hurt meeeee!" He closed his eyes.

The man groaned a little and sighed. "Why would I hurt you."

"Your scary!"

"Am I really?"

"YES!" Xisuma yelled back, but it was pretty weak from fear and the headache, which made his head feel like it was throbbing. He couldn't believe that this monster had been right beside him this whole time! "You're- You're gonna hurt me!"