[1]- Lonely

"But momma! I don't wanna go!"

His mom sighed. "X, darling, it's good to go outside, ok?"

What? No why would you go outside? It's pointless if you didn't have a friend to play with. At least this was the logic to Xisuma. "But momma! Nobody will play with me...!"

"Well then, you go play with them. Make a friend sweetie, it'd be good!" His mom responded with a smile, taking his arm and gently pulling it through the last sleeve of the sweater.

He gave her a pouty face, but took her offered hand anyways. He still loved and respected his mum. She looked at him with a smile. "Come on, we can get Ice Cream on the way back."

He smiled a little and followed his mom out the door, watching and looking around at the tall trees, clear skies, and the birds flying.

Flying.

He wanted to fly. He smiled proudly, setting his mind tight. One day, he was gonna fly.

His mom looked at him.

"What's got you all riled up hun?" He looked at her. "One day, Ima fly! Like a bird!" She laughed and shook her head with a small smile. "You can do whatever you want sweetie," She shook her head again and said quieter under her breath, in an amused tone, "Whatever you want.."

They walked the rest of the way in silence, him skipping a whole lot, because, he was gonna fly.

He smiled as he let go of his moms' hand, running to the slides. After going down them a couple times, he realized something, the fact he was alone. Looking around, he saw kids pushing eachother and laughing, and even the big kids were with someone else. All the other kids were playing with someone, but he was by himself. He frowned as he went down the slide one last time before sitting under the structure and looking around.

He wanted a friend.

He got up and walked over to his mom. "I wanna go.." She looked at him. "Sweetie, we just got here. Try and last a few more minutes okay?" He looked at her. "Please.. I don't wanna stay! I'm so lonely!"

She thought a moment. "How about you try to play with someone your age, and if you can't, then we'll go. Alright?" He nodded and walked away sulkily.

After looking around a bit, he saw a kid who looked around his age and walked over. He had on a purple shirt. He liked purple.

He tried for a smile. "Hey wanna-"

"No, I don't like you. Go away."

"But-"

"NO!" The kid glared and walked away after throwing sand at him. He wiped his eyes and plopped down sadly. He sat there for what seemed like ages, silently crying a little.

He heard a small whisper. "Hey...."

He looked around, but saw no one. "Hey...! Over here!"

He looked around again, and saw a small flicker of movement. A small white lock of hair disappearing behind one of the poles- That's where the voice came from.

He walked over and peeked around. Nobody was there. The voice was quiet and subtle. "Xisuma.....!"

He looked around rapidly, slightly scared and moved back. Because in his six year old mind, a random person knowing his name was scary. Especially when he was all-

"Alone....?" The voice finished for him.

He looked around and took yet another step back. The voice was still there, behind the pole, like its' owner was facing him. He backed into the slide. "It's scary... because you're all alone... right?"

He hesitantly nodded, taking another step backwards. The only thing he could think about was how scary this was. But he also was curious.

"You're all alone.... Alone alone alone. Allllll alone.. looking for a friend... a friend right...." The voice was gentle and quiet, yet erratic and creepy, each word soft like the hiss of a snake. It repeated itself, dragging out the 'all' and making the word 'alone' sound like the nightmare he felt like he was in.

He slammed his eyes shut, and cradled his arms in fear, hoping this would stop. He slowly counted aloud.

"1...2...3... eighty-ninety-hundred... 13... 22... 10...!"

He peeked his eyes open, only to finding himself facing the pole, the slide right behind it.

He turned and screamed, running to his mom in fear.

This would be the first day of the headaches.

—————————

[Words: About 770]

I know this is short but I really need it for the buildup. I swear I'll make it up in the next chapter!

—————————