[19]- Bribery

He quickly sunk back in his chair and looked between the two adults and right at the car in front.

See, this was when he needed Ex the most. The air was dead thick and it was like breathing in styrofoam. He looked down and closed his eyes, imagining what the conversation would be like.

"Xisuma look at me." The stern tone of the female parent would have been unusually odd, but today he found it more of an 'eh.' After all, he had found himself in quite a bit of trouble lately, yet he never understood why as he believed it certainly wasn't Ex.

"Xisuma."

He looked up at his mother, who frowned. "Do you know what you did?"

In response, he shook his head.

"I didn't do anything?" And, this statement was true. He hadn't.

His mom sighed and went to say something, but her husband gently touched her arm despite being the driver. She looked at him and Xisuma could hear his father whispering something.

At last, his mum sighed and nodded, looking back to Xisuma. "I'm sorry honey.."

Xisuma nodded and his mom went on. "Do you not know why I was upset?"

He shook his head.

His mom nodded. "Last thing you remember?"

He shrugged. "Going to sleep." His mom nodded again. "And you're sure? A hundred percent sure?"

Again, Xisuma nodded. "One-one-zero percent sure!"

His mom nodded for what seemed to be the billionth time. "Do you want to know? Maybe to jog your memory?"

Xisuma nodded, his mom mimicking the action again. "Well.." She began. "You we're asleep when we got there. Some of the other kids were outside, thankfully. Joe went to wake you-"

"Yada yada bing bang ting tang potato tomato cow-fart snorkel snort snart." A voice interjected. Xisuma smiled and looked over towards it.

He went to say something, but Ex held a finger to his lips. His voice was a bit softer, not by much though- It was soft but in the eeriely quiet/sandpapery way. "Whisper. They'll hear."

Xisuma nodded. His mom, who he was sitting behind wasn't able to see, and his dad, who was driving, was focusing on not killing the whole family. Xisuma smiled. "I though you left..!"

Ex shook his head. "Nah."

Xisuma nodded and Ex gave him a look. "They're gonna let you go off the pills." He said, matted-of-factly. Xisuma smiled brightly. "Really?!"

His mom paused and looked back at him. "Yes. Really. Now,"

She began opening and shutting her mouth again as Ex snickered. "I said to keep your trap shut. So shut it."

Xisuma nodded. "Okay okay."

Ex sighed and leant back, shoving his feet against one of the headrests. "So."

Xisuma looked at him. "So wuh?"

Ex looked around. "Break anything lately?"

Xisuma shook his head, receiving a frown.

"Get anyone mad?" Ex tried again.

Xisuma shook his head and Ex nodded.

"Destroy anything? Break a rule? Slap someone? Say something rude? Be ill-tempered? Not use manners?"

Xisuma slowly shook his head. "No.."

Ex sighed. "You're a disappointment. I like how your moms been goin'." He nodded slowly before adding on, "Apparently your were a little prick."