[5]- Certain Trust, Day Four

"I promise, I'm ok! It isn't bad! I swear!"

"But your temps' still a bit high, I don't wanna risk it."

"What is it then?"

"Last time is was ninety nine."

"I'm ok! See! I'm ok!"

"A fever is a hundred point four (100.4) and I don't want to take any chances sweet pea. I'm sorry, but we can go tomorrow!"

X sighed and crossed his arms, giving him mom a pouty face. He'd been trying to get his mom to take him to the park, but she wouldn't! His head only hurt a teensy bit! He was ok! His mom was being SO unfair!

She looked at him and let out an exasperated sigh. "You'll understand one day when you have kids of your own."

His dad poked his head in with a joking smile. "Piece of advice. Make sure to get a pretty wife first though."

Xisuma giggled as his mom slapped his fathers' arm with the back of her hand. "Dan!"

He smiled, shrugged, and laughed a little. "What! I'm just givin' him some good 'father-son' advice!"

His wife gave him a look and he held up his hands. "Hey, I used that advice, and here I am now, blessed with a wife and a kid!"

X smiled and so did his mum. X looked at his parents a moment.

His dad smiled as he pushed his wire-rimmed glasses back up his nose. "Yes?"

Xisuma looked at them another moment.

"How are babies-"

"No." Was what mom cut him off.

He looked at his dad who was receiving looks from Xs' mom. He held up his hands and looked at his sons "Mom said no, so no. Also no."

His mom smiled and let out a breath. His dad walked out, only to peek back in a moment, and do finger-guns at Xisuma.

"Also never go against your wife and learn when to leave the conversation!" He spat out quickly, before leaving with a wink.

He looked at his mom who laughed. "Your fathers something else hun, I swear."

He smiled. "Yeah but we love him!"

His mom smiled. "Definitely."

"I HEARD THAT!"

Was what his father yelled from down the hallway.

He and his mom doubled over laughing.

-------

He hung his head. It was no use trying to open it. He looked around as his eyes watered. He missed his mom and dad.

He hated the evil white-coated people who kept him here.

He wanted his parents. He missed those moments. It was just last week when that was happening...

He banged on the door and screamed.

He screamed for his parents. His dad. His mom. For company. At the people for putting him here. At the door.

He curled against it and cried. He was only six.

-------

—————————

[Words: About 510]

So I know it's a shorter one, I'm trying my best to get chapters out or pre-write then because I'm on a trip so uh, yeah. As always, hope you guys enjoyed! Sorry it updates are slow/delayed/short!

—————————