[3]- Hazy Trust, Day Two

He lightly groaned and looked at his mom, who always seemed to be there when he woke up in this pain. He peeked his eyes open before curling up again.

"Momma...!" He barely mumbled.

She nodded and ran a hand through his messy, dark curls. "Still hurtin'...?"

He nodded, his eyes shut tight. "Make it stop momma.."

She sighed. "Sweet pea, I'm trying ok? I can't give you any more Tylenol right now, and I can't leave to go get Ibuprofen until your father gets back. Alright?"

He nodded. "Momma...?" "Yes?" "Whats Ibu.. ibu....." She smiled and spoke slowly, in more of an understandable tone for a little one. "Ibuprofen." He nodded and spoke meekly. "Yeah.. that.. what is it..?"

She smiled. "It's like Tylenol, but it's used more for pain and to reduce inflammation. It also works well with fevers, like yours."

He nodded and reached for her hand, resting his burning up cheek on it.

He slowly dozed off.

-------

"Momma...?" He rubbed his eyes. "Where are you going...?" She looked at him a moment. "To the store sweetie, your fathers in his office okay?"

He nodded. "Come back..?"

She kissed his forehead. "Always."

He weakly smiled. "Good.... it always comes back when you aren't around.."

"It? Xisuma, this is the second time you've mentioned this, 'it.' Is there something you need to talk about?"

He blinked, and held his eyes shut so he wouldn't have to look at her. He slipped up again.

"Xisuma.."

He peeked open an eye, quickly closing them again, seeing the red eyes and smile take over his moms' face for a spilt second before going.

"Xisuma? What's the matter..?"

He shook his head. "They..., you... red..."

She sat down and looked at him. "Xisuma, what's going on." He shook his head. "Last night... I- I saw red eyes and white teeth.... in the kitchen...." She looked at him. "Is that it?" He hesitantly nodded, giving his mom the answer already.

That wasn't all.

"Xisuma, remember that 'it' you were talking about?"

"Ye-" He stopped a moment. "No...."

She nodded. "Ok, well since your clearly ok, I'm going to go to the store ok?"

He nodded and curled back up, not daring to move as he heard his door shut. After a moment, he heard his parents murmuring and whispering in the hallway, before he heard the front door shut.

He slowly drifted back asleep, the pain in his head making it nearly impossible to rest away the pain.

He blinked awake slowly, feeling the edge of the bed dip, but he couldn't see who, as he was facing the wall. A hand rests against his back and gently moved around it in a simple manner. Xisuma smiled a little, and the person continued gently rubbing the little kids back.

"Daddy....?" He quietly asked.

He heard a deep chuckle, and a different voice he barely recognized spoke instead. A gentle, soft, eerie voice.

"Sure."

The boys' tired and pained mind prevented him from seeing what was happening,- And realizing who this was. As his eyes began to heavily droop, the person- The man, spoke once more in the same tone.

"Just trust me Xisuma.... and you won't be alone.."

He saw a wisp of white hair before everything went black.

-------

As he kept waking to pain, the same person was always there, and every time, his pained and tired mind fogged over, preventing him from realizing anything. But every time, he had told him the same words.

'Just trust me Xisuma.... and you won't be alone..'

-------

Again, he woke up, but this was the worst his head had been.

"My head hurts..."

"I know," The voice responded, "But I'm here ok? Your not alone."

Xisuma nodded for a moment. "But it really hurts.. make it stop..!"

"Do you want me to go?" The words came from the same person who had been there relentlessly, comforting his in the simplest way.

"No! Don't go!"

The voice chuckled. "Alright, I won't. But that means the headache won't either."

Xisuma nodded. "Stay.."

The person gave his shoulder a gentle squeeze before going back to drawing circles on the pained kids back. "I will.."

It was silent a moment.

Xisuma kept his eyes closed and stays curled tight. "How much longer until it stops...?"

"Two days and today."

"How'd you know..?"

"I jus' do. Now go to sleep ok?"

Xisuma nodded and slowly went back to sleep, but as always, was told the same thing in the same, soft, eerie, whisper of a voice.

"Just trust me Xisuma.... and you won't be alone.."

—————————

[Words: About 805 ]

So somehow when I go to say 'right this is done' my fingers decide to type a bunch more paragraphs. Hope y'all enjoyed! Let me know if there's anything I messed up on!

—————————