[8]- Where are we?

"Ready?" Ex asked.

Xisuma nodded happily and held out his hand. Ex shook his head. "No. You have to get it."

"Why?"

"Because," Ex shrugged, "I can't."

"Why?"

Ex shrugged. "What did I say Xisuma?"

"Sorry!" The child instantly said. He had quickly grown to adore Ex, like a brother, and wanted him to stay as much as possible. But he remember what he was told.

'If you ask to many questions, I'll have to go away...'

He looked up at Ex. "Don't go..."

The man barely smiled and shook his head as if to say 'I won't.'

He kid smiled and went to say something, but his mom walked in.

"Talking to Ex...?" She leans against the doorframe and asked.

He nodded. She sighed. His dad poked out behind his mom quietly.

His mom held a hand to Xisuma. "C'mon X. We're going somewhere."

He looked to Ex, who wasn't there. He looked back to his parents, who were sharing glances.

"Where are we going?"

"Somewhere." His dad replied. "We can get Drive-through on the-"

"I'm coming!"

He bounced up and over, taking his parents hands, and walking to the car with them. As the car doors were closing, he smiled as he noticed Ex, sitting right next to him.

-------

"Where are we?"

"Somewhere sweet pea." His mom said tiredly.

He smiled and swung his feet back and forth in the chair. He lasted about ten moments.

"No but really, where are we?"

His mom sighed and titled her head back.

"We're at an office."

"For?"

"T-"

A loud voice came from the other end of the room.

"Xisuma? Void, Xisuma?"

His mom smiled. "C'mon sweetie." She held out her hand and he took it, allowing himself to be led over to the lady. She smiled.

"So your Xisuma?"

He nodded. "Mhm!" He smiled when he noticed Ex next to him, frowning. He looked up and took his hand, offering a smile to him.

Ex just grunted.

The lady looked at him, then his mom. She smiled at him. "Whatcha doin' there hun?"

He smiled bigger. "Ex! I'm holdin' his hand because he's upset!"

His mom sighed. "This is uh.. why were here.. He's grown attached to some make believe friend, Ex, but we're not to sure he should be. He's being told by 'Ex' to do some bad stuff he normally wouldn't."

The lady nodded. "Alright."

She looked down and smiled at Xisuma. "It's a wonder to meet you!"

He smiled. "I'm Xisuma!" He looked at Ex. "And this is Ex!"

She smiled and nodded. "Follow me ok?"

Xisuma looked to his mom, who nodded towards him and smiled. He smiled as he followed the lady back into a room.

She turned her head towards him and offered up a smile of her own.

"Oh, I almost forget," She said. "My name is Ms. Avery."

—————————

[Words: About 515]

So short chapter! Yep! Any guesses/ideas/theories on anything? Also that last chapter put us over 100 views! Thank you guys so much for that! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

—————————