𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐣𝐞𝐜𝐭

⚠️[Sexual abuse/assault warning. PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR NOTE AT END!!]⚠️

[If you do not want to read this chap, feel free to DM me for a recap.]

Tapping away on your laptop, you sipped at the (F/D) that was ordered to quench the thirst that began to creep up the longer you sat in the booth of the popular coffeehouse with your history partner, Komicha Hizuah.

He's a taller man, being in the same age year as you, yet not the same class year. Apparently, he didn't have enough credits or something so he was still considered a Junior. The male had simple brown hair, with the same eyes. Nothing stuck out other than his chiseled face and the mole that sat below his eye. A looker, yes. There was no denying that.

"Hey, (Y/n)?" Your partner called out to you. Taking out an earbud while clicking pause on the song, you gave him your attention. "Think you could help me with this question? I can't think a proper answer that's good. And I think a opinion on this would be better."

"Oh, yea. What the Q?"

"Uh so," he fiddled with the paper beside him, reading over the questions before finding the one that he needed help with. "Why did Odysseus kill the suitors?"

"You have Penelope and Odysseus, right? So uh, what was the whole backstory with it again?"

He nodded, shooting a smile before clicking onto his computer, finding the backstory of the duo from mythology.

"Okay, so basically, Odysseus left Penelope shortly after their son was born while he went to fight in the Trojan war, which he failed to return even though it was ten years. Penelope's home was taken over by 108 suitors, as they tried to marry her for Odysseus's wealth, all the while trying to convince Penelope that her husband is dead. And being that Penelope is a badass, clever queen that we stan," you giggled at his wording, causing his smile to broaden while he continued, "She put off their advances for three years till Odysseus came back, looking 20 years older and dressed as a beggar, who was only recognized by the family dog. He asked his wife for shelter and food and then inquired which of the suitors she intended to marry. She announced to the men that whichever one of them could string Odysseus' bow and shoot an arrow through twelve axe-heads would become her husband."

He inhaled a large breath, noting that he would probably have to shorten the story of the duo he was writing on. "Of course, only Odysseus himself can do this. When he succeeded, he revealed himself, then went on a killing spree, slaughtering the 108 men who had disrespected his wife and their home for the last 10 years."

You sat amazed at the story of the duo. They're such a power couple, it was really amazing.

"So, got any clue?" He asked after a moment of silence.

"I think he wanted revenge on the suitors," he signaled you to pause with a finger, his hands working on his computer one more, probably to write down what you planned on saying before signaling you to continue. "They wasted his wealth by living at his expense during his absence, on top of that, they also insulted Odysseus and damaged his reputation. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he lives by some code that values reputation above everything else. He's obviously a prideful man. He couldn't let these men just get away with it unpunished, plus they made it worse on themselves by mistreating him when he dressed as a beggar. In the world of The Odyssey, hosts have an obligation to treat their guests well. Whenever he can, Odysseus punishes hosts who break this rule."

After finishing your speech, he sighed in relief before shutting his laptop, signaling he finally finished. "Wow. I never really thought of it like that. If I knew any better I would have expected it to be because they wanted to marry his wife or something."