one <3

*Agent Y/N's POV*

*ZZZZ* *ZZZZ*

I wake up to the sound of my phone alarm buzzing, exhausted from the night before. It was my first night living in a new apartment, and moving was exhausting. I unpacked as much as I could before falling asleep on my comfy new comforter. I hit snooze on my alarm and close my eyes to go back to sleep for five more minutes. The second I close my eyes, my phone begins to ring. I pick it up and see that it's my sister, Zoe, calling. I answer the call, half asleep.

Zoe begins scream-talking on the other line, "GOOD MORNING! ARE YOU READY FOR YOUR FIRST DAY OF WORK AT THE BAU!? HOW ARE YOU FEELING!? NERVOUS?? EXCITED?? TELL ME. TELL ME. TELL ME."

I rub my eyes sheepishly as I reach for my glasses off of my nightstand.

"Zoe, what are you talking about?"

"OH MY GOD. DON'T TELL ME YOU FORGOT."

I look at the digital clock hanging up on my bedroom wall and read the time - 5:25AM - when it finally hits me. "OH MY GOD. I'M GONNA BE LATE. IT'S MY FIRST DAY OF WORK AT THE BAU. I HAVE TO BE THERE IN 45 MINUTES. I COMPLETELY FORGOT!"

Zoe chuckles on the other line, "I knew you would forget and sleep in, that's why I called silly!" It's true, that's exactly why she called. Zoe had been my number one fan when it came to my successes for the longest of time. She has been counting down to this day since forever.

"I have to get ready! I'll call you back when I'm headed on my way to the BAU."

Zoe and I exchange quick little goodbyes as I hang up the phone. I jump out of bed in my green cartoon banana peel pajamas and mismatched socks and slide down the hall to the bathroom. I turn on your speaker and blast my favorite songs off of my various playlists as I take a nice warm shower. When I finish showering, I turn off the water, wrap my hair and body in towels and go to the mirror. "What if the team doesn't like me?" I thought to myself. "What if-"

*RINGGG* *RINGGG*

All of a sudden my thoughts got interrupted by a sudden phone call. I see it's my college friend Emily Prentiss. Emily works at the BAU as well so she was just as excited for me to join the BAU as Zoe was. She is, and always has been, a badass. I met her when I was a nerdy freshman of college while she was a junior. We have a lot of history as friends. Our friendship started when she found out that I liked to party, even though on the outside I looked like a nerdy loser. We started having "Sin To Win Weekends" and partying until she left college. We stayed in touch over time and she freaked when she found out that Erin Strauss and Aaron Hotchner with the BAU reached out to my program and requested for me to transfer there permanently after another agent, Elle Greenaway, left the team.

I answered Emily's call and put the phone on speaker as I placed it on my desk and turned to my closet to get my first day outfit.

Emily started talking in a calm tone, "Hey Y/N. You ready for your first day at the BAU?"

"Hell yeah," I responded, but my voice began to slightly fade. I hoped that Emily wouldn't notice, but she did and immediately began to profile me over the phone.

"Y/N? What was that for? Why'd you choke on your words?" Emily began to interrogate me as if I was an Unsub in questioning.

"It's nothing, really. I'm just nervous and worried that they won't like me for who I am. Like, I'm a dork, EVEN YOU KNOW THAT!" I paused and then proceeded to ask in an innocent and child-like voice "What if they don't like my dorkiness!?"

Emily laughed on the other line and said "Oh don't worry silly! We have a boy genius on our team that has the same amount of dorkiness as you, and they love him! So I am very, very sure that they'll love you just as much!"

I smiled at the thought of this. A boy genius on the team who is dorky as well? That made my heart happy. What if this so called dorky boy genius became my bestfriend. OR EVEN BETTER! What if this so called boy genius and I fall in love? AWWW-

Emily interrupts my thoughts again and asks "So, dork, what are you wearing for your first day?"

I smiled and said "Well, since you asked Sinner, I wanted to comfy but professional so I decided to wear a soft black t-shirt that is slightly tucked into a pair of blue jeans, paired with black flats and a soft blue belted blazer"

"Oooo, I can't wait to see you! I got you a buttered plain bagel with cream cheese and an iced coffee with Almond Milk and sweetened vanilla creamer since your running a bit behind."

She was right. When I looked at the digital clock hanging on my wall it read 5:45AM. Thank God I live only a ten minute drive away from the BAU, so I wouldn't be that late if I hurried up a bit. I quickly ended the call with Emily and rushed to put on my shoes.

*BUZZZZZZ*

I ran to the front door and hit the microphone button on the buzzer to tell Emily that I was on my way down. I quickly scurried out the door and ran down the stairs so that I wouldn't be any more late than I already was. I ran out the apartment complex door and immediately spotted Emily. I gave her a huge hug as she handed me my bagel and coffee and got in the car.