fifty one <3

*y/n's pov*

*dream / flashback*

"It's this one." I call out, looking over to Emily.

Emily nods, flicking her point finger towards SWAT and then towards the door of the storage unit.

SWAT breaks the lock of the door, busting down the door, to find mine and Spence's kids sitting on the ground with JJ and Will's kids.

"JJ! They're here!" I call out as JJ turns the corner, spotting her kids in the storage unit.

"Hey there kiddos, are you okay? Are you hurt?" JJ ask, examining her kids from head to toe, looking for any noticeable injuries.

The kids shake their heads as JJ and I untie each of them.

"Is he gone?" Zoe asks, worry filling his eyes.

I cup my hand on her cheek slowly, running my finger up and down, nodding slowly.

"He's gone... for good." I respond in a soft tone.

Zoe jumps up, grasping me into a tight hug as she lets out a sob.

This poor kid.

•••

*present day*

Spence groans as he turns his head, waking the both of us up.

"Still in pain?" I say softly, slowly putting my hand on his neck.

He winces as he feels my touch on the previous gunshot wound.

"It stings a bit at times, but atleast I can nove my neck." He says, pressing his lips together slowly.

"You get out of the hospital today." I say slowly, looking at him in the eyes.

"I know. I can't wait to see the kids." He says slowly, leaning in to give me a kiss.

"They've been through so much in these last 24 hours..." I say slowly, looking down at my shoes.

"I know darling, I know. But it'll be okay. We'll help them through the PTSD." He says, slowly picking my head up with his pointer finger.

I nod my head slowly.

Why the hell do Spence and I always get targeted?

"Hey Spence..." I say slowly.

"Yeah, what's up baby?" He says slowly, looking at me in the eyes, holding my gaze.

"I'm sorry." I say slowly, the words slipping out of my mouth.

"Sorry for what?" He asks, a look of curiosity flashing across his face.

"I'm sorry for getting you wound up in my crazy ass family history. When I got to the BAU, I genuinely didn't think I'd start getting targeted again. I genuinely thought I wouldn't have to tell anyone about my dad." I explain.

He cups his hand on my cheek slowly, looking deeply into my eyes, holding my gaze.

"It's okay. It's not your fault. Trauma happens to all of us. We all have a past that we want to hide...but you can't run away from the truth." He says slowly as I nod in agreement.

Maeve. Do I ask him about Maeve?

My thoughts are suddenly interrupted as my phone begins to buzz.

Derek Morgan : When does Reid get out of the hospital?

Me : 10am. Right after the doctor's rounds. Why?

Derek Morgan : Savannah just started having contractions. I want you guys to be in the waiting room when the baby comes.

Me : You got it Derek.

Derek Morgan : Thanks Y/N.

Me : Your welcome.

You type the final message, a slight smile flashing across your face.

"Who was that?" Spence asks curiously.

"Derek. Savannah just started having contractions and he wants us and the entire team to be in the waiting room for it." I explain as his face lights up.

"Can you imagine? Derek Morgan, the manwhore of the BAU, as a dad." Spence responds with a light chuckle.

I punch him lightly in the arm.

"Hey there. Don't get ahead of yourself Spence. You could be the manwhore of the BAU too... but instead, you worry about not shaking people's hands." I respond, giggling a ton.

"Well, shaking someone's hand could be dangerous. Do you know how many pathogens are produced through a handshake?" He explains.

"Yes. Yes. We've been through this. This was the first fun fact you told me on our first date. You said it would actually be safer if we kissed." I say as Spence blushes.

"I made the first date so awkward..." He says, blushing a ton.

"Hey. You're a dork. But that's why I love you." I say, a slight giggle emitting from my tone.

"I love you too darling. I'll never stop loving you." He says, cupping his hands on my cheek, bringing me in for a kiss.

I climb onto the bed, still kissing him passionately.

"And how many pathogens were passed through that kiss?" I ask, jokingly mocking Spence a bit.

"Okay, okay, enough with the jokes." He says, pulling me in for another kiss.

I continue kissing him, my hand running through his hair, tugging it slowly.

Spence slowly breaks the kiss as my face goes blank.

"Hey!" I exclaim.

"We're in a hospital. I'm not going to have sex with you in a hospital room." Spence says with a slight chuckle.

I flop backwards onto the bed in disappoinment.

"Ugh, I miss sex." I groan.

Spence chuckles, rolling his eyes jokingly.

"I'm serious! When is the last time me and you had sex?" I ask.

"I don't know... I lost count." Spence says, blushing.

"See! Even the Dr. Spencer Reid with an IQ of 187, an eidetic memory, and that can reid 20,000 words per minute forgot. If you forgot, it means that it's been too long!" I exclaim.

Spence sits up, trying hard not to laugh.

"Okay so. You're yelling at me... Over sex?" Spence says, chuckling.

"This is serious!" I exclaim, lightly pushing him down.

"We can't have sex in a hospital room! What if Lexie comes in? Or what if another doctor comes in? What if my mom randomly shows up and comes in!?" Spence says, running all the possible scenarios through his head.

"Ugh fine. Point proven." I groan, laying back down on the bed.

Spence begins chuckling again.

"You owe me for that." I say, shooting a glare at him from across the bed.

"Oh I do?" Spence says, a cocky grin plastering itself across his face.

I nod, scooting over towards him, laying in his arms.

He mumbles something under his breath as we both doze off to sleep a little bit more before his discharge.
-----------------------------------------------------------

authors note :
hi everyone! i hope you all enjoyed this chapter! derek morgan will be leaving next chapter, so if the "hank spencer morgan" speech made you cry, keep some tissues nearby! i'm thinking about adding a little bit of smut in the next chapter but i haven't decided yet... also, luke alvez will be coming in chapter fifty four! and let's just say... he and the reader have some history. thank you all for the support. i love you all from the bottom of my heart! <3
-----------------------------------------------------------