epilogue <3

*y/n's pov*

It's been nine years since Spence and I got married. I lie in bed, in Spence's arms, my head resting on his chest, as he traces the lines on my palm.

"I love you." He says lightly.

"I love you too." I say, turning my head slightly to look up at him.

Spence runs his hair through my hair, making my hair messier than it already was.

"Oh you are so gonna pay for that!" I exclaim.

"Oh am I? Am I really?" He says, pulling me tighter into his arms, tackling me gently.

I squeal as the door of our room opens slightly - slowly letting in our four beautiful kids - Zoe, Maia, DeMarcus, and Gabe.

Zoe is now nineteen - she recently got an internship at the BAU, given to her by Rossi and Hotch, keeping her extra occupied nowadays. Maia and DeMarcus are now fifteen - Going into their sophomore years of high school. DeMarcus wants to be a lawyer, fighting for injustices in foster care and Maia wants to be a surgeon, following in Lexie's footsteps. Gabe is now eight, going into third grade. He claims he wants to be an astronaut, but he changes his dream job every week.

They all run into the room, hopping onto the bed, hugging Spence and I tight.

Spence looks over to me, "We did so good darling." He says lightly, admiring each of the kids.

I smile, my cheeks turning a rosy pink color as I blush, "Hell yeah we did."

Spence and I have made it. We made it to the happiest points in our lives and I couldn't be more proud of the two of us. I met a shy, dorky boy on my first day at the BAU - little did I know I would end up here - with the love of my life and four amazing children.
-----------------------------------------------------------

author's note:
hey hey! that is a wrap on the fanfic, "a loving pain" you guys! thank you all for all the love and support! i never knew i would make it this far. i love and appreciate each and every single one of you. i'm not gonna lie, it hurts to say goodbye to this fanfic and i will miss writing it more and more everyday, but i already have another fanfic that i am starting very, very, very soon, so be sure to keep an eye out for that one! i love you all deeply from the bottom of my heart! stay positive! : )
until next time my loves,
goob <333
-----------------------------------------------------------