fourty seven <3

*y/n's pov*

"Y/N..." Derek mumbles, regaining consciousness.

"Hi! Thank God, your awake and your okay." I respond with a soft smile.

"W-What happened?" He asks, looking around the hospital room.

"You were abducted and torchered. You were able to call me from the cabin you were held in. You ended up getting a blunt force trauma to your head because you fell near the end of the call. You are currently in the ICU. They brought you into surgery the second we arrived here." I say with a nod.

"I- Is Savannah okay?" He asks gently, meeting my eyes.

"She's okay. Spence went to take her and Garcia out to lunch to take their minds off things." I say reassuringly.

"And how about you Pretty Lady? How are you doing?" He asks gently.

"I- I'm okay. You scared me to death last night. I thought I lost you." I say, choking back on tears.

"I'm okay now." He says with a reassuring nod.

"I know you are. You, Derek Morgan, are a fighter." I say with a nod.

Derek chuckles softly. I begin to gather my things so I can call the team and go home and see my kids.

"Y/N?" Derek asks.

"Yeah?" I say gently, not turning around.

The room goes silent for a moment.

"I- I'm leaving the BAU." He says, breaking thr silence.

"What!?" I exclaim, turning around suddenly.

"I- I know. It's a sudden thought. I haven't even told Hotch yet... I just, I can't put my family in danger. Hell, I have a kid that is on the way, and I can't risk him losing his dad." He says, shaking his head.

"Derek..." I say gently.

"I love you Y/N. I have loved you from the second you walked into the BAU. I originally wanted you. But I stepped aside, letting Reid have you. I wanted you. And a part of me still does..." He says.

"Derek. W-We can't." I say gently, sitting on the corner of the hospital bed.

"I-I know. We can't do it. Not now. Hell, Spence has plans for the both of you and he doesn't want to screw it up. Hell, I - the Derek Morgan - have a kid on the way! And a wife! Do you know how crazy that is!?" He says with a light chuckle.

"I love you too Derek. I'd be lying if I didn't say that I thought about getting with you when Spence hit a low. But I fucking love Spence with my whole heart. And your my best friend. I don't want to lose my best friend." I say as his eyes meet mine slowly, holding my gaze.

He nods gently as I continue on rambling.

"You are an amazing guy. I'm so beyond proud of you for going from being the total whore of the friend group - flirting with every girl and getting a whole bunch of numbers, being an asshat sometimes.." I let out a breathless giggle as he laughs, "But you, Derek morgan, you are going to be the best." I say as he chuckles.

"I know I am. I want everything for Savannah and I's kid to be happy in the future." Derek says, cupping his hand on my cheek as his thumb runs over the skin.

I nod, looking down slightly.

"Hey." He says gently as I look up.

"Yeah?" I ask softly.

"I love you kid. Promise me that you'll continue loving Reid, even after I leave. Don't break his heart please, he deserves happiness." He says.

"I won't. I promise." I say reassuringly.

"Did he- Did he ever tell you about this girl named Maeve?" He asks gently.

"No. No I don't. Who is she?" I ask gently.

"I'll let him tell you." He says, flicking his eyes up at the door.

I turn around, noticing Savannah, Garcia, and Spence standing in the doorway.

"That's my cue." I say lightly.

Morgan nods, giving me a kiss on the cheek as Savannah and Garcia walk into the room slowly.

"You hurt? You should really start lifting some weights." Spence calls out to Derek from the doorway.

"Oh you got jokes now kid?" He asks.

Spence presses his lips together, a smile escaping onto his face. He nods lightly. The entire room bursts into laughter as I head towards the door to meet Spence.

His hands meet mind as he slowly laces his fingers into mine.

"You ready to go?" He asks gently.

"Yeah. Let's go." I say with a soft smile.

•••

"I never thought I would miss the kids this much." Spence says with a soft laugh.

"I know! It's so hard being away from them. Even if it's for five seconds. Over our days off, I have grown to want to spend every second with them." I say in agreement, looking at Spence.

He glances at me with a soft smile before focusing his eyes back on the road. His hand rests on my thigh as we drive down the road.

"Where are we going?" I ask softly, looking around at the surroundings outside.

"Just wait and see." He says with a slight smirk on his face.

"Can I get a hint?" I ask softly.

"Nope." He says, a cocky grin plastering itself on his face.

"Damn it." I say with a slight giggle.

"You are such an impatient girl." He says softly.

I giggle as I continue to hold my gaze on the surroundings outside.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Authors Note :

Hi everyone! I really hope you enjoyed this chapter! Derek Morgan will be leaving the book next chapter, but it's okay! Luke Alvez will be coming here shortly! Thank you all so much for all of your support! I love you all from the bottom of my heart!! <3
-----------------------------------------------------------