fourty-nine <3

*y/n's pov*

As the slow song comes to an end, the team guides themselves back to our tables. Spence's hand finds mine as we begin to walk off the dance floor. I interlock my fingers with his as I notice a pure, innocent smile come onto his face.

"Good Evening Everyone!" A loud voice calls from the stage in the corner of the bar, "We are going from loud, upbeat music to classic karaoke! If any of you would like to sing for the night, please come over to the stage and sign this sheet!" They announce.

Emily lightly nudges my arm, "Sing! C'mon! Do it!" She encourages.

"I don't sing in front of other people!" I lightly exclaim.

"You sing?" Spence asks curiously, "You never told me that."

"I never tell anyone." She said sincerely, "But blabber mouth Emily over hear always encourages me to sing because 'other people should hear my amazing voice.'" Y/N says in mockery as Emily hits her back.

"It's true. You should've heard Y/N at her theatre performances or choir concerts when she was younger." Hotch says, chiming into the conversation.

"I'll do it if you do it." I say, catching Y/N by surprise.

"Y-You'd sing if I did?" She asks in utter shock.

"Yes." I say sincerely, her eyes meeting mine.

"Okay fine. Only because I want to hear you sing." She mutters quietly with a soft giggle.

The team agrees to switch tables, bringing us all closer to the stage. Spence grasps my arm, pulling me to the stage as I stumble on.

"U-Uh hi there everyone. I-I'm Y/N and today I-I will be singing "Wildest Dreams" by Taylor Swift." I say as a soft smile escapes my lips.

The beat fills the room as Hotch starts recording like a proud dad. Spence sits in awe as Emily gives me a thumbs up.

•••

As the song comes to an end, a smile comes across my face. Spence stands up, clapping and cheering like the supportive boyfriend he is - which leads to a standing ovation.

"Thank You." I say softly into the mic as Spence nears the stage with JJ.

"That's my girlfriend!" Spence exclaims, grasping me into his arms and spinning me around as I squeal.

"That was amazing Y/N. I never knew you could sing like that." JJ says with a bright smile as Spence carefully sets me down, giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"Thanks. Are you two singing a duet?" I ask softly.

"I'll be the lead singer, JJ will be doing more of the vocals." Spence explains as I nod.

"Yeah. It's just a quick little thing." JJ says with a slight wink.

Why did she wink?

I nod my head in understanding.

"Spencer Reid and Jennifer Jareau, please make your way to the stage for you performance." A voice calls out.

"That's my cue. Wish me luck." Spence says before kissing me softly.

"Good luck Romeo." I say with a soft smile.

"Thank You Juliet." He says back, messing up my hair a bit, making me giggle a ton.

•••

After a few minutes, I find my way to the table, greeted by Emily.