fourty <3

*spence's pov*

In the last year, Seattle Grace Hospital was moved from Seattle, Washington to Quantico, Virginia so that their surgeons could work with the agents from the BAU and local P.D. to help victims needing intensive care.

We pull into the emergency lane, greeted by familiar faces.

"What do we-" Dr. April Kepner begins, "Spencer? What happened?" She asks, glancing to Lexie standing beside her, glancing back at me and then looking at Y/N lying down on the stretcher.

"I'll explain on the way in, but I need you to page your OBGYN, Pediatrics, and CardioThoracic surgeons to Trauma Room 1 immediately." I say as they pull the stretcher out of the ambulance.

"Got it." Lexie says, running inside.

"So, what do we got?" April asks.

"Y/N L/N. Age 25. Went into the field after her mother and sister got kidnapped by an unsub. Possible Post Traumatic Stress Disorder after seeing mom with GSW to the chest. 37 weeks pregnant. Fetal distress. BP is 190/40. She began vaginally bleeding and having a miscarriage in the field. She blacked out in the field with a faulty heart." I explain.

"Let's get her to Trauma Room 1." April says to the nurse, "We're gonna need all hands on deck. Page everyone on call." She instructs.

"Is she going to be okay?" I ask.

"I'm not sure, but we'll take extra good care of her. Go take a seat in the waiting room and I'll send a nurse to get you updates." She says with a slight, blushed smile.

She's going to be okay. They're going to take good care of her.

I repeat the phrase in my mind for twenty minutes before noticing Hotch, Emily, Zoe, and the rest of the team come into the emergency entrance.

"How is she?" Hotch asks sternly.

"They took her to Trauma Room 1." I explain.

Hotch nods as I pull Zoe into a hug.

"I'm glad your okay kid." I say.

"Thanks." She replies.

"Listen, we should sit down and have a chat about what happens now..." I say, "I understand if you prefer to talk about it when Y/N gets better."

"We can talk about it now." She says as I nod, bringing her into an empty conference room that Lexie lent out for me to use.

"Listen kiddo, your parents are gone. We all know that. And I'm so sorry for that. I loved your mom very deeply. But since your fourteen, you need somewhere to stay... You can't be living on your own in that house." I explain as she nods along in understanding.

"So where do I go now?" She asks.

"I was thinking you come stay with Y/N and I. We take you in, we adopt you so you become our legalized child, and we become your parents..." I say with a slight smile, "Only if your okay with it. There are other options too."

A bright smile flashes across Zoe's face, "No way! Seriously!?" She exclaims.

"Yes." I say with a chuckled smile.

"I'd love that!" She says, leaping out of her chair and excitedly bouncing up and down.

She runs up to me, giving me a tight hug, "Thank you Spencer." She says.

"Anytime Kiddo." I say back.

She pulls out of the hug, "Wait, what do I call you and Y/N?" She asks.

"What do you mean?" I reply.

"Well your kids will become my little siblings, and you will become my parents... Wouldn't it be weird to call you guys by your first names?" She asks.

"Kiddo, you can feel free to call us whatever you want." I say.

"Okay dad." She says with a giggle.

Derek walks into the room, inviting Zoe to go get donuts with him, Rossi, and Garcia while I stay here with the rest of the team - Hotch, Emily, and JJ.

"Bye Kiddo, I'll see you later. Have fun. I love you." I say with a smile.

"I love you too." She calls out.

-time lapse : 23 hours later-

Y/N is awake and well, they were able to stop the bleeding and slow the pace of labor. They put her on sedatives to relax the pain of being in labor. She's awake and alert, sitting on a bouncy ball and taking deep breaths as I'm sitting across the room, talking to her to take her mind off of the pain.

"So I talked to Zoe..." I say, bringing up the topic.

"And what'd she say?" Y/N asks in return.

"She agreed to living with us...even adoption. So instead of having two kids, we now have three - two newborn twins and a teenager." I say.

"Oh how exciting." Y/N says jokingly.

"The only question is, where do you want to live with them?" I ask.

"We can move into your childhood home, or we can stay in our house." I say, placing the two offers.

"I'm not sure. We'll discuss it with Zoe. Where is she anyways?" Y/N asks.

"Hotch and Emily took her home to grab a few things because she wanted to stay here for the night." I explain.

"Oh okay." Y/N says with a nod.

"Speaking of which, I'm going to go downstairs and see if they're on their way back and I will be back soon." I say, getting up and heading to Y/N's side of the room.

I help her back into bed and turn on the tv for her, selecting Star Wars for her to watch while I'm gone.

"I love you." I say, giving her a kiss.

"I love you too." She says, kissing me back with a giggle.

"What are you giggling about?" I ask.

"Nothing. It's just funny how we are going to be having three kids...but yet we're both not even together." She says, giggling some more.

I chuckle and get close to her ear.

"Just you wait sweetheart." I whisper.

"Wait what does that mean!?" She asks in happy confusion.

I wink at her, giving her another kiss. Soon after, I head out of the door and go downstairs to grab food and catch up with the rest of the team.

I'm becoming a dad tonight. Holy shit.