thirteen <3

***Y/N's POV***

-time lapse : the next morning-

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock. My head is pounding, as if I'm hungover, but I'm not. The headaches are a symptom of my grief and denial every year on this date. This date has always hit me the hardest for the last twelve years and I never really found a way to cope with it or seek for help, I've always just seemed to cried it out on the date and then bury the feelings deep down inside of me and not let it get to me as much.

"Good Morning Y/N, are you okay?" Spence asks in his groggy, sleepy voice. His sleepy voice is what make me the happiest because it shows the pure side of him. Oh! The other thing that makes me happiest is when he's a little bit grumpy before his morning cup of coffee because it's the only time that he's not afraid to say what he's truly feeling in the spur of the moment.

"Good Morning Spence. I'm okay, I just have a little bit of a headache." I say while gently rubbing my forehead.

He rolls over and kisses my forehead, "I can grab some Advil and a bottle of water for you."

"Yes please! I'll grab my Advil and you can grab me a bottle of water from downstairs. There's some in the Garage fridge, Kitchen fridge, or Basement fridge. Whichever one is easier for you." I say as I rub my eyes.

He runs downstairs and gets the water for me as I grab the Advil from a secret container in the bathroom. I have never let anyone grab me a beverage along with drugs, nor have I let them know where I keep them, no matter who they are. It's kind of like a girls instinct.

He comes running back up with the bottle of water as I have two Advil pills in my hand. I tilt my head forward, put the pills and water in my mouth, and then tilt my head back quickly to swallow the pills with no hesitation.

"The Advil should start to kick in soon. Do you want to ask Hotch and Emily if they want to go on an early double date at the breakfast diner down the street?" Spence asked me with a smile while helping me out of bed.

"Yeah, I'll text Emily to see if she's awake while we get ready." I smile and nod as I get on my feet.

Me : Hey Em

Emily Prentiss : Hey Y/N, how are you feeling?

Me : I'm doing okay, better than I expected.

Emily Prentiss : That's good to hear.

Me : So Spence and I had an idea that we wanted to see if you and Hotch were awake for.

Emily Prentiss : Yeah, what is it?

Me : Do you guys wanna go on an early double date at the breakfast diner? We can invite my mom and Zoe to come since today will be a bit rough on them.

Emily Prentiss : Yeah definitely! Hotch is in the shower right now and I still have to get in bed, so meet downstairs in 30 minutes?

Me : That works with us!

When I get out of bed, I invite my mom and Zoe to the diner. Then, I undo my messy bun, brush out my hair, and let it fall to my shoulders. I decide to put them in two Dutch braids. I wear a warm and fuzzy white turtleneck sweater, black leggings, mix-matched socks, and converse sneakers. I do my natural skincare and apply a bit of mascara before putting on my glasses. Spencer wears a sweater with jeans and mix-matched socks and converse sneakers and combs out his hair a bit. We grab our phones and Spence grabs his keys. We walk down the stairs, hand in hand. Zoe is watching Greys Anatomy on the TV and my mom is scrolling Facebook on her phone. Once we get to the final step of the stairs, we hear Hotch and Emily come down.