Chapter 36

Should I give up? Or should I just keep chasing pavements even if it leads nowhere?
Chasing Pavements// Adele

~

"Oh wow! What is a supermodel doing in my company?"

Wendy looked at me in surprise when I went inside her office. I've been here before so I kind of know my way inside.

"Stop that." I rolled my eyes and kissed her cheeks before settling myself in a chair in front of her.

"So what brings you here? I'm sure you're not applying." She gasped. "Are you?"

"Sorry but no. I'm too busy to even apply."

She chuckled at my statement. "Then why are you here?"

Tumikhim ako bago nagsalita. "Do you have a Cara Montellano here?"

Her brows furrowed for a moment. Mukhang inaalala niya kung mayroon nga.

I guess Cara isn't that of a big deal here, then?

"A trainee?" She asked. Mukhang hindi niya gaanong matandaan.

Umiling ako. "Nope. She's a model here."

"What's the name again?" Pag uulit niya.

"Cara. Cara Montellano." Seryosong sagot ko.

She tapped her desk as if she already knew the answer. "Ah! I remember now! Iyon ang model na ipinakiusap sa akin ni Grayson a year ago. Pinagbigyan ko na dahil fiance mo naman. Are you here to meet with her? Should I ask a staff to find her?"

Kumunot ang noo ko roon. What did she say? Did I hear it right?

"Eros asked you to hire Cara? Did I hear you right?" I smiled so she wouldn't suspect that there is a problem. Sinadya ko pang itanong iyon dahil baka nga mali lamang ako ng dinig.

That can't be, right? I mean, kakatapos lamang ng usapan namin ni Gia kanina at malinaw iyong sinabi niya sa akin. My bestfriend will never lie to me.

"Crystal clear, my dear! That's what I said. Dinalhan pa nga niya ako ng cheesecake noon. Isn't that from you?"

Bigla kong naramdaman ang pag ahon ng dugo ko papunta sa ulo. I'm mad as fuck! But I need to calm down. This isn't my company and even if it is, I shouldn't be reckless with my actions.

Huminga ako ng malalim upang pakalmahin ang sarili.

"Can I see her then?" Pilit ang ngiting request ko kay Wendy.

She nodded. "Of course! Sandali lang."

She excused herself a bit and dialed the telephone on her desk. Mukhang iniuutos niya sa staff na hanapin si Cara.

She looked at me after ending the call. "Do you want me to empty a room for the both of you?"

I nodded hesitantly. "Is it okay? Am I not being a nuisance?"