Ana, Ryan.

Everyone was sitting in the hallway waiting for Ryan to come home. They were waiting for him since one and a half hour. It was 3:30 in the morning. Ryan was unusually late from the normal time he returned home.

With every passing second, grandpa was getting more and more tensed. He had called and told Ryan's father about the whole thing. Ryan's father was going to catch the first flight to California and take Ryan back with him.

"Dad, he just texted Ana", Ash suddenly said. He had Ana's phone in his hands.

Grandpa stood up.

"It says, 'Ana, the door'", Ash said.

Ana's phone started ringing.

"Ryan's calling her", Ash looked up.

"Go open the door Ana", grandpa said.

Ans stood up and went towards the door, followed by grandpa, Ash and her mother.

They stopped at a distance while she opened the door.

Ryan entered inside, reeking as usual when he came home after sneaking out at night.

"I knew you would come to open the door. You are smarter than I thought. Just do as I say or else you know exactly what I am capable of", Ryan said whe taking off his sneakers. All this time he didn't notice grandpa at the entrance.

He finally noticed him when he looked up after taking off his shoes and his face fell.

"Where have you been?", grandpa asked Ryan.

Ryan didn't answered.

"RYAN, WHERE WERE YOU?", Grandpa shouted.

"Grandpa, whatever Ana told you was a lie", Ryan stated.

"Answer my question, Ryan!", grandpa told him sharply.

"You were sneaking out behind my back. You are in so much trouble, kid!", Grandpa said.

"So what if I was going out without your permission, it's not a sin as I remember it. I need some freedom! Your rules, your damn rules choke me!", Ryan criticized.

"Freedom. Oh...I didn't knew USING DRUGS WAS ANOTHER NAME FOR FREEDOM!", grandpa shouted.

"Ana's lying grandpa! Why the hell would I do that?!", Ryan exclaimed.

"Show him", grandpa said to Ash.

Ash stepped forward and showed him the clip Ana had made that day.

"Now what do you want to say for yourself!", grandpa asked stepping towards Ryan so that he was standing in front of him.

Ryan glared at Ana, then looked at grandpa but then looked down. Then he looked up and said, "Well, what's the big deal. Kids my age do worse than this. If you go out and see.....huh what no! Why would you! Why would you go out and see what's going on around when you want to choke yourself and everyone else in this house with yourself!"

"Watch your tone, Ryan!", Ash said sharply.

"Or what!", Ryan said.

"Break it off!", grandpa exclaimed. "Ryan, your dad is coming here. You are going back to Romania with him."

"I'm not going anywhere! I'll go wherever I want to", Ryan huffed.

"Well, good luck telling him that", grandpa said.

"THAT'S NOT FAIR!", Ryan shouted.

"Volume down, Ryan!", grandpa told him.

"Well, fine. But I have something to say too", Ryan said. "Ana, don't you have something to tell grandpa."

Ana's eyes furrowed.

"Oh don't act all innocent now. Aren't you going to tell grandpa about Alexander? Alexander Nickels", Ryan asked.

Ana was shocked but she masked it well. She glanced at grandpa who was looking at her too.

"Ask her-", Ryan was cut off by the slap he received from grandpa. "DON'T YOU DARE BLAME HER! YOU BLAMED MY ONE DAUGHTER, I TRUSTED YOU AND I AM STILL PAYING THE CONSEQUENCE SO I'M WARNING YOU, DON'T EVEN TRY TO TO THE SAME WITH THE OTHER!"

Ryan didn't move for a minute, but then stood straight and chuckled, "Fine. Don't trust me. After all, I'm just a joke to all of you. Right?"

Then he ran to his room.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

"Ana, that was so immature. If I were there, I would have slapped you", Belle exclaimed from the other side of the phone.

"You are talking like I haven't suffered enough. I'm grounded! I can't even visit you. And grandpa took my phone away too.....I'm surely not getting it back till I start going to college", Ana huffed.

"You know, you deserve it", Belle said.

"I know", Ana replied and sighed.

"I'll talk to you later", Ana said and declined the call.

"Here", she said, giving Ash his phone back.

"You know, I'm not allowed to give you my phone", Ash said.

"I know! Thank you for...for..breaking the rule?", Ana tried to be sarcastic but failed in a miserable way.

"Nuna, it's not that. It's just...plz start being responsible. I won't always have your back", Ash said.

"I know", Ana said.

"Ana! Your dad's call", her mom entered giving Anaher phone so she could talk to her dad.

Ana sighed, building up some courage to hear another scolding of the night.