Part 7

Y/Ns POV

Suddenly we were all told to go back to the great hall, we were all really confused and no one was telling us anything.

"The teachers and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle." Professor Dumbledore told them as Professor McGonagall and Flitwick closed all doors into the hall.

We were told we had to sleep here tonight for our safety. I sat down in my sleeping bag when the space next to me began to fill up.

"Ugh as if this couldn't get any worse." I moaned aloud.

"I know you're scared Y/N and I'd love to see the look on your face when you get scared so I'm sleeping next to you." Malfoy smirked.

"Or, Malfoy, you're obsessed with me and that's why you want to sleep next to me." I smirked back.

Malfoy didn't say anything he just gave me a dirty look and continued to put down his sleeping bag right next to mine. I shouldn't let him get to me, I should be getting to him.

Once everyone was in their sleeping bags, the hall immediately began to buzz excitedly, the Gryffindors were telling the rest of the school about what had just happened.

"Lights out in 10 minutes!" Shouted Percy.

"Do you think Black's still in the castle?" I whispered to Malfoy nervously as I turned to face him.

"Scared Riddle?" Malfoy teased.

I turned away from him again and led silently waiting for the lights to go out and everyone to stop talking. Malfoy was talking to Crabbe and Goyle who were next to him, there was a lot more space between them three than there was between me and Malfoy. I don't know why he's so close to me, probably because he's scared. I'm surprised Pansy isn't all over Malfoy, she was practically at the opposite end of the hall to him.

"Right lights out!" Percy called and the hall went dark apart from the odd small lights by the doors.

The whole hall went silent it was weird. I turned around to get more comfortable, now I was facing Malfoy and we were awkwardly close as he was also facing me. I'm assuming he is already asleep. I shivered as to how cold it was and pulled my sleeping bag closer to me.

"You cold?" Malfoy whispered his eyes now looking into mine.

I nodded in response, not really sure if I wanted to talk to him still.

"Come're" He calmly whispered.

He moved closer to me, our body's now touching. I could feel myself blushing and I'm glad he couldn't see my face. I cwtched up into him, already feeling warmer. I'm surprised he was being this nice to me...

"Is it true Slytherin aren't playing Quidditch." I asked as I sat down at the Gryffindor table.

"We're playing Hufflepuff instead." Said Oliver Wood looking very angry.

"Why?" Chorused the rest of the team.

"Flint's excuse is that their Seeker's arm is still injured." said Wood, grinding his teeth furiously.

Everyone turned to look at me, all giving me disappointed looks, like it was my fault.

"There's nothing wrong with Malfoy's arm!" Said Harry furiously "he's faking it!"

As if on cue Malfoy walks in and takes a seat next to me. The Gryffindor team all give him dirty looks, which he exchanged for a smirk.

"Hufflepuff has a new captain and Seeker, Cedric Diggory." Oliver informed the team.

My jaw dropped at his name.

"What?" Oliver and Malfoy said in unison.

"He's the tall, good-looking one, isn't he. Strong and silent." I giggled.

"He's only silent because he's too thick to string two words together." Malfoy spat, impatiently.

"Are you jealous Malfoy?" Harry smirked. "Y/Ns got the hots for Cedric and not you."

my eyes widened at Harry's accusation. Malfoy wasn't look at me, so I tried to study his face to see how he felt about what Harry said. All he did was give Harry a dirty look, he was good at hiding his bloody feelings.

I walked through the corridors when I saw Cedric in his Quidditch outfit, ready for the match. I ran over to him to wish him luck.

"Hey Cedric! Good luck in the game!" I smiled up at him.

"Thank you Y/N." He proudly smiled.

We talked for a bit about the match and other things until Cedric stopped looking at me an looked straight behind me.

He bent down slightly and whispered in my ear "What's his problem?"

I turned to see none other than Malfoy giving us a dirty look.

"ugh, Malfoy. I'll see you at the game, Cedric." I sighed, kissing his cheek.

I turned back too look at Malfoy and started walking towards him.

"Wishing your boyfriend good luck?" Said Malfoy spitefully.  

"He's not my boyfriend. Are you jealous Malfoy?" I smirked.

After breakfast I made my way with Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle to the stadium. We were stood under Malfoy's enormous umbrella, I linking arms with Malfoy so I'd be warmer and not get wet from the rain, the storm was quite bad.

The year had come to an end, it was quite an eventful year for my first at Hogwarts. Hermione was telling me about how herself, Ron and Harry had a whole event with Sirius Black, I couldn't believe it. I was snapped out of my thoughts by Malfoy approaching me.

"Are you going to write to me Riddle?" He smirked as he swaggered his way to me.

"Hmm." I thought for a moment "no"

"Of course you will, you know you love me Riddle." Said Malfoy, still bloody smirking.

"Piss off Malfoy." I said getting on the train ahead of him.