Part 17

Y/Ns POV

People have been giving Harry a hard time, they've been blaming him for Cedric's death and saying all this talk of Voldemort is rubbish, they think I'm part of it as well and me and Harry are like conspiring together, and Harry old killed Cedric so he could get the cup. I can't believe how blind everyone is, I'm also kind of annoyed at Harry that he thinks I'm working for Voldemort.

"You alright Y/N?" Draco asked taking a seat next to me. "Thinking about Oliver?"

"yeahh." I lied, really I was thinking about this whole thing with Voldemort being back.

It's weird, me and Draco haven't ever really seriously spoke about things like our families or Voldemort, frankly I didn't want to speak to him about it because then I would be vulnerable to him, and knowing Draco, he'd use it against me in an argument, take the piss out of me or tell everyone else and spread rumours about me.

"Aww, he wasn't worth it Y/N, he probably thought of quidditch more than you." Draco smiled.

I know he was trying to be helpful but he wasn't really good at it, he didn't know exactly how I feel all the time.

We had our first Dark Arts class with Umbridge today, me and Draco sat together at the back of the class.

"We literally do get a new teacher every year!" I said to Draco.

He laughed and agreed. Umbridge began to introduce herself and used magic to hand out beginner books

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells?" Hermione questioned.

"Using spells?" Umbridge laughed with a high pitched voice, "I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom."

"We're not going to use magic?" Ron chimed in.

"You will be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk free way!" Umbridge defended.

"Well what use is that, if we're gonna be attacked it won't be risk free." Harry argued.

"Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class!" shouted Umbridge. "It is the view of the ministry, that a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient to get you through your examinations, which after all is what school is all about!"

"and how's theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?" challenged Harry.

"There is nothing out there, dear, who do you imagine would want to attack children, like yourself?" she asked Harry.

"Oh I don't know, maybe, Lord Voldemort!" I shouted.

The whole class turned to look at me, and all began to whisper amongst themselves.

"Now let me make this quite plain, you have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large once again, this is a lie!" Umbridge smiled as she circled the class.

"It's not a lie! I saw him, I fort him!" Harry argued.

"Detention, Mr Potter, and you girl at the back!" she shouted, pointing at me.

"So according to you Cedric Diggory dropped dead on his own accord?" I shouted back.

"Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident." Umbridge retaliated

"It was murder, Voldemort killed him, you must know this!" Harry shouted again.

"Enough!" Umbridge screeched.

The whole class went silent at the sound. Draco looked at me and shook his head, I thought he was going to scowled me for agreeing with Harry about Voldemort because most people didn't believe he was actually back.

"Why'd you have to go and get your self a detention, who am I suppose to hang around with." Draco pouted.

I laughed at him and how he was acting, but I was also glad he wasn't going to go on to me about Harry or Voldemort.

"I'll wait for you outside her office when you have your detention." Draco smiled.

I smiled back at the thought, I don't know why he's being nice to me after what happened before school. Come to think about it, we've argued many times but have never properly made up, we sort of just start talking to each other again.