Part 14

Y/Ns POV

Everyone glared at me as I walked the corridors, some were scared, and some were angry. They definitely all blamed Cedric's death on me.
As we walked into the great hall, I parted ways with Oliver so he could go to the Gryffindors and I could go with the Slytherins.

"Didn't think you'd come." Draco whispered.

"Don't take the piss." I spat back, keeping my voice quiet.

Dumbledore began to speak.

"Today, we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was, as you all know exceptional hard-working, infinitely fair-minded and most importantly a fierce, fierce friend. Now, I think, therefore, you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see... Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort! The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so, I think, would be an insult to his memory. Now, the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me and reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events the bonds of friendship we've made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that, and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain. You remember that and we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true, right to the very end."

No one said anything during his speech for respect but I could feel the eyes on me when Dumbledore said Voldemort's name.

I walked to the train by myself, no one wanted to come near me and I couldn't be bothered to deal with Draco's shit so I stayed away from him.