Part 30

Y/Ns POV

"Y/N."

I woke up to someone shaking me gently, it was Draco.
He gestured for me to get up and follow him, I sigh, knowing where we're going and what we're doing.

I stand up out my bed and look around the room, will probably be the last time I'm here.

"Draco." I whisper.

He stops and I walk over to him.

"Do we have to?" I frown.

He also frowns and nods slowly.
I place my hands on either side of his face and pull him down for a kiss.

"I'm sorry." I say quickly pulling away, acknowledging that he is with Pansy.

"It's fine, me and Pansy broke up." He said and began to walk out the door.

I took in every little detail of Hogwarts as we walked to the room of requirement, I'd probably miss this place. I sigh as I open the cabinet, letting the death eaters in. Bellatrix smirks as she steps out but I just frown to Draco.

Me and Draco begin to walk up to the astronomy tower where Dumbledore is, Draco has to kill him. He's shaking but I hold his hand. We both don't want to do this.

"Good evening, Draco, Y/N. What brings you two here on this fine spring evening?" Dumbledore says.

"Who else is here? I heard you talking." Draco said, his wand still pointed at Dumbledore.

I knew Draco didn't want to seem weak.

" I often talk aloud to myself. I find it extraordinarily useful. Have you always been whispering to yourself, Draco?" Dumbledore said.

I wasn't sure why he mentioned the last part.

"Draco, you are no assassin." Dumbledore calmly said.

"How do you know what I am? I've done things that would shock you." Draco said almost choking on tears.

"Oh, like cursing Katie Bell and hoping that in return she would bear a cursed necklace to me?..."

Ohhh so he did...

"... Like replacing a bottle of mead with one lace with poison. Forgive me, Draco, I cannot help feel these actions are so weak that your... heart can't really have been in." Dumbledore said.

I didn't realise how much Draco had done without me, on how to kill Dumbledore.

"He trusts me!" Draco reveals the dark mark. "I was chosen."

I could tell he was close to crying but I didn't want to interfere at this point, I couldn't do anything.

"I shall make it easy for you." Dumbledore said raising his arms.

Draco used this to his advantage.

"Expelliarmus!" He quickly said and Dumbledore's wand flew out of his hands.

I began to explain to Dumbledore that me and Draco were mending the Vanishing Cabinet and I told him about it's twin in Borgin and Burkes.

"Draco, years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices. Please let me help you." Dumbledore calmly said.

I felt as tears began to stream down my face, as there was nothing I could do.

"I don't want your help. Don't you understand? I have to do this. I have to kill you. Or he's gonna kill me" Draco said choking on tears on the last part.

Suddenly all the other death eaters came up the stairs and we all turned to look at them.

"Well, look what we have here." Bellatrix smiled at the sight.

Draco kept his wand on Dumbledore the whole time but he was shaking a lot more now.

"Well done, Draco." Bellatrix whispered to him.

She turned to look at me and smiled.

"And you of course, Y/N."

"Good evening, Bellatrix. I think introductions aren't over, don't you?" Dumbledore said, surprisingly calm.

"Love to, Albus, but I'm afraid we're on a bit of tight schedule." She turned to look at Draco, "Do it!"

Draco looked at me and I didn't know what to say.

"He doesn't have the stomach. Just like his father. Let me finish him in my own way." One of the death eaters said.

I turned and glared at him for his nasty comments.

"No, the Dark Lord was clear the boy has to do it. This is your moment, Draco. Do it! Go on, Draco, now!" Bellatrix started screaming at Draco.

He was shaking a lot more now, I knew he wouldn't do it and I was kind of relieved, but what would happen.

"No." Snape said from behind us.

He had his wand pointed at Dumbledore and Draco lowered his and face him.
I grabbed Draco's arm, pulling him closer towards me.

"Severus. Please..." We're Dumbledore's last words.

"Avada Kedavra." Snape said and Dumbledore went back off of the astronomy tower.

I flinched and held Draco tighter and we cried silently at what we had just witnessed. A death eater grabbed us both and began dragging us down the stairs with the rest. Bellatrix begin casting spells and me and Draco have to watch as glass shatters everywhere. I hold Draco's hand tight as we are forced to follow them.
The last thing I saw at the school was Hagrids Hut in flames.