[14] End

I breathe in heavily as I make it into the Cochlea boundary just in time. I can hear the CCG rallying up in the other wards, getting ready to beat the shit out of us all. I walk into the prison through a hole in the wall, looking for the bandaged girl the best I can.

I see her fighting off a large group of agents and head over, knocking them all off the walkway in one go, rushing up to the woman and hovering in front of her.

"Go, do your thing," I say, watching our surroundings.

"Hm, good to see you made it, Niko." She giggles and bounces off as if we aren't in a life or death situation.

She heads around the cells, looking into them and looking for certain people before opening some and leaving some closed. I think it's a little cruel, seeing the people around get out when you can't and it's all decided by some little girl wrapped up in bandages. I just follow her as planned, fighting off the few agents that come towards us from other entries or are thrown over from other fights.

I notice that the agent number slowly increases while the ghoul number slowly decreases. We are losing. I narrow my eyes and glance around, trying to figure out why this is, the rest of the CCG isn't here yet, we have fifteen minutes of leeway. That's when it hits me.

"Eto, they aren't fighting for us, they are just running," I say to the woman as she opens another cell, the prisoner just heading straight for the ways out.

"I don't blame them, they are starved, they wouldn't live through a fight like this." She says, not a care in the world.

My eyes narrow at her when I hear this, she knew they wouldn't help us?

"Eto we have dwindling numbers, without more fighters we are going to be wiped out." I hiss, raising my leg and kicking a Quinque off the walkway before the agent that goes with it, holding onto his arm so it tears from his body and I can eat it to replenish my energy.

"If you are so worried Niko," she turns to me as she kicks another cell open, "why would you be here and not out there?"

I scowl at the woman as she doesn't even wait for an answer, she just continues hopping along and glancing in the small glass windows at the prisoners and who they were or are.

"Because I was ordered to protect you, so I am going to," I say, turning away from her and looking for another stupid human who thinks they have a chance up against me, I've been one hitting these bitches for years.

Eto's hand pats my head lightly, "good girl, I knew I could trust you."

I watch as a surge of CCG agents break onto the platform, my eyes hardening and my Ukaku spreading out as wide as possible, ready to attack and defend.

"The thing is Niko," I glance at the woman as she slams down on the keypad of a cell, letting the prisoner out easily.

I look back towards the front, noticing many of the agents heading straight for us, obviously realising who the real danger is and who has the information.

"You shouldn't trust me."

My eyes go wide as I'm picked up off the ground by the seemingly small girl and tossed forward, straight into the crowd of agents. I turn my gaze to Eto, seeing her skip away happily, her arms swinging as I am tossed to my death.

I look below me and stare at the people there before taking a deep breath.

"I'm sorry," I whisper to them before setting my Ukaku to crystal and landing on top of them, all of them being either crushed beneath me or they jumped to avoid me and just ended up plunging to their death.