[35] Zero

"So there is a ball every year?" I ask, tapping my pen against the desk.

Kain nods, he made me move to the back row with him when he walked into the classroom.

"The class with the lowest exam marks has to set up while the others get ready." He says, playing with my hair again.

"Well sorry to break it to you, but we might be on set up duty this year." I sigh loudly and shrug, leaning back on my chair.

"No, only the day class has to. We are asleep." Kain mumbles, bringing my hair up to his face.

"Oh, well then I guess not." I drop the chair back onto all fours and wait for the class to start.

Yagari has to wait for everyone to sit down and then he can start the class, apparently the ball is a compulsory learning point of the year.

"From what I picked up from Cross's rambling," Yagari taps on the board. "Is that this is just another event that allows the two classes to mix. The same rules apply, no drinking blood and all that. But you are obliged to dance with a human or two."

I roll my head towards Kain with my eyebrows raised.

"And as Niko asks earlier, yes you can skip it. But you will lose marks for social events or something like that."

"You have already asked?" Kain raises his eyebrows at me and drops my hair.

"Gotta do the most important stuff first am I right?" I smirk at him before turning back to the board. "Sir, can I bring someone who isn't a student at the Academy?"

"No," Yagari gives me a deadpan look.

"Who do you want to invite?" Kain asks, curiosity obvious in his voice.

"My vampiric spirit stalker." I say to him, rolling my eyes, "my boyfriend you ass hat."

"Hm, meeting him would be nice," Kain mumbles and rests his chin onto his palm.

"And why is that?" I ask, practically sneering at him.

"I wanna meet the boy that bites you for fun," Kain smirks slightly at me.

My eyes go wide and I choke loudly before pushing back and just falling completely backwards off my chair. Kain stifles a chuckle as he watches the scene play out. I look up from the floor, my hair a mess and my vision impaired. I glance around the room and make eye contact with Ichijo.

"You didn't tell me I said that!" I whine.

"You told her stuff?" Aido jumps from his seat, about ready to strangle Ichijo. "We had so much blackmail material!"

"I didn't tell her what she said!" Takuma whines, "just what she did!"

"Ichijo!" I yell and try to launch myself over the table at him, but Kain grabs me around the waist and holds me back.

"What is going on?" Yagari mumbles from the front of the class and watches as his class comes to shambles in mere seconds.

"What did you tell her?!" Aido yells.

"What did you not tell me?!" I yell at the same time, struggling against Kain.

"I just told her about the fight and the cheating, nothing else." Ichijo puts his hands up in defence, slowly shuffling behind Shiki who is watching quietly with pocky in his mouth.

"Oh, so you didn't tell her about the Hinami girl?" Aido freezes as soon as he says it.

"Hanabusa!" Kain and Ruka yell at the same time.